Sorry I havent posted lately

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
Sorry I haven't posted lately

Sorry I haven't posted for some time now but it has been very hectic. I spent a week at my office in California, then a week in Vegas for the annual diving trade show. Tomorrow (Monday the 3rd) I check in the hospital at 6am for hip replacement. I have needed this for quite some time and lately have needed a cane. Next week I am going to try my pin pointer on my new hip and see if I beep! ;D If so it will make going to the airport interesting. I thought about using my GTI but when I turn the setting to "relic" it points strait at me and beeps like crazy! :o
I'll post later in the week when I get home and see how it goes.

Mike

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Sorry I haven't posted lately

scubamike said:
Sorry I haven't posted for some time now but it has been very hectic. I spent a week at my office in California, then a week in Vegas for the annual diving trade show. Tomorrow (Monday the 3rd) I check in the hospital at 6am for hip replacement. I have needed this for quite some time and lately have needed a cane. Next week I am going to try my pin pointer on my new hip and see if I beep! ;D If so it will make going to the airport interesting. I thought about using my GTI but when I turn the setting to "relic" it points strait at me and beeps like crazy! :o

Mike

Best of luck, Mike!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Sorry to hear how hectic things have been lately. I was not aware you were hurtin...I will definitely be praying for you today as you are in surgery and for a quick recovery. You made me laugh with your comment about airport security. I had not thought of that before. I am gonna use my pinpointer on Grandma's knee next time I see her and see what that is like. lol Hang in there and let us know as soon as you can how you are doing!

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20

scubamike: Hey, I never have replied to any of your postings, just read em. I am a therapist(Physical type) and have done a lot of rehab on total and partial hips so I sorta have a Ideal of what your dealing with. Just to let ya know I hope everything goes ok and I will be lookin to see yer post again.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon

I wish the best outcome for your surgery and for a very speedy recovery. I really hope that we can get together after you are healed up and do some detecting. Good to see you around here again Mike!

Does your hip surgery have anything to do with aseptic bone necrosis? Just from one diver to another -

Jason

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

I started a thread in the thinking of you section as well so there will be plenty of people praying for a speedy recovery!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i hope all goes well and am praying for you.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20

Hey Shaw: I sorta hate to answer a question on this thread so I will make it really breif. The vast majority of total or partial hip replacements are because of osteoathritis, they simply wear out. Necrosis or a area of a bone becoming necrotic would be another reason but it is realitivly rare as a reason for replacement. I really hope Mike's replacement is for arthritis due to the extra complications aseptic necrosis can cause. Again, I gotta good feeling that Mike is going to do great. Call it a good feeling. Good luck Mike. :thumbsup:

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer

scubamike said:

Mike

Hey Mike...good luck w/the hip. As an orthopedic surgical nurse, I put in many a prosthetic hip and knee. You'll be amazed how much better you feel IF you follow the rehab instructions!! We'll be out huntin again in no time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions