OP
OP
cooltone23

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Sorry, forgot to paste the photo. This is a shot fom the early 1900's.

Attachments

• 7a.JPG
    7a.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 564
OP
OP
cooltone23

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Here's a shot from Last Friday.

Attachments

• DSC01839a.JPG
    DSC01839a.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,689
OP
OP
cooltone23

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
The fort was bought from the government by the school district in the 50's. It was neat attending school there from k-9th grade. We got a new high school built away from the fort. Our hometown football games are still played there.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Its cool to see the old and the new shot together.

Where is the pic of you on the front lawn with the MD? :wink: ;D

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Hey Cooltone, is that you standing in front of the old building in the first pic? ha ha Are you from there originally? I know a couple of families from Rio Grande City, the Flores and Barreras, I've never been there myself. Harvey Flores and I worked at BASF together, Joe Barrera and I were in VietNam. If you get a chance to hunt the area, let us know what you find. Good luck, John

OP
OP
cooltone23

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
TexasDigger1 said:
Hey Cooltone, is that you standing in front of the old building in the first pic? ha ha Are you from there originally? I know a couple of families from Rio Grande City, the Flores and Barreras, I've never been there myself. Harvey Flores and I worked at BASF together, Joe Barrera and I were in VietNam. If you get a chance to hunt the area, let us know what you find. Good luck, John

TexasDigger,

Wish it were me, That was the good old days. Yes, I am from Rio originally and visit home as often as I can. I don't know about Harvey, but Joe Barrera I think I know. Sounds Familiar. I know some of the old timers, pardon the expression, from playing music at Richards Garage from time to time and hanging out at the Legion bar occasionally. Love to hear the stories about yesteryear and how things were. I just turned 27, and find those folks more interesting that people from my age group. Call me a history geek. I have more old photos of the old fort. They are too big to post up and shrinking them only takes away from their beauty. IM me with an email and I would be glad to share them. I will be getting new ones soon, but it is said to see how some of the buildings have been neglected.

P.S.
Wish I could metal detect the area, but it is a Texas Historical site. I have ties there but would want to mess with that house. But around the fort, I may have better luck. Here is a photo of about 85% of the fort.

Attachments

• Fot Ringglod.JPG
    Fot Ringglod.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,078

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread