P

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
pegleglooker said:
hey peerless,
I agree that stories can be rewritten all over the country, but this area of California has had a bunch of people telling treasure stories. I have newspaper articles about pegleg's lost gold, lost ship of the desert, villa's lost rifles, etc... I would just be a little cautious...Check out her creditability first, verify that she in fact did serve with Villa....

PLL

Hi PLL, it has already been established that she was Villas nurse, no evidence of her being a colnel except the ID that she had on her, which one of the writers had claimed to inspect.

Goldlust

Greenie
Nov 14, 2007
SEGUIN, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
MINELAB GT
I read a book by Charles Garrett. He said one time they were treasure hunting down in Mexico and went by to meet Villa's wife. Before they left, she told him if he came back, she would show him where treasure was buried in or around San Antonio. He did other things and didn't go back before she died. It's here somewhere. A church with high walls sounds like one of the missions to me. Unfortunately off limits.

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
Yes , Pancho Villa was in Texas according to my great grandfather .. He told me loads of stories when i was a kid visiting from the states , apparently he rode with villa in the very early 1900's....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's important to capture that history, guys. Mi suegra, Antonia Meza, in Guadalajara, found out I had a metal detector and told me to come to Mexico, as Pancho Villa, el Diablo del Norte, buried all kinds of things throughout the north. Well, we can't go to Mexico as Maria won't be able to return to the US, and Antonia passed away shortly after that. I should have had her on the phone every day and wrote down every thing she knew or had heard. She probably knew Pancho Villa personally. (Antonia, forgive me, it's a joke, ok?) We all need to record history, true or not, when we hear it, because the folks who lived it are fast passing away.

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
You are right, unfortunately there are many "versions" of where Pancho Villa did battle or where he hung out . My great grandpa said that he would visit Durango quite frequently and often have "tesoro" enterrados near his home town but then again that is just a story , we did manage to find some of his rifles and other artifacts but that was all . if it wasn't for the narco wars going on over there i would go back to Durango for a few weeks , there are many places to go and do some treasure hunting, gold nugget hunting on the rivers and creeks, many mineral deposits all over the state, not to mention meteorite hunting ..

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
My Buelo used to talk about Pancho Villa, he used to be a Captain with the Federales when he was a young man in Mexico. He came to the USA around 1920 and worked for the King Ranch for 40+ years. I remember seeing the bullet holes in his legs when I was a little boy when I would stay with them for the summer in Kingsville. He rode against Pancho Villa and said Pancho was an elusive man. Wish I would of tape recorded all the stories he told me and my brother, I miss that old man. His name, Pedro Saldivar, appears in the history book of the King Ranch, he was born in 1892. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread