• 1.5.JPG
    1.5.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 785

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
My home town is near Roma, TX and I have many friends down there. Thank you for the lead. There are many rolling hills in that part of Texas. I'm not too familiar with lime mines down there, but "caliche pits" are pleanty.

OP
OP
P

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
cooltone23 said:
My home town is near Roma, TX and I have many friends down there. Thank you for the lead. There are many rolling hills in that part of Texas. I'm not too familiar with lime mines down there, but "caliche pits" are pleanty.

A 1911-1912 map might help as thats when it was buried ? the article was written in 1953

Best of luck Gary

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Any Idea where I could get a map of it?

My father in-law is a decendant of the original family that the King of Spain granted porciones to.

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool post! A plumber under a old house in Concepcion Tx found a large cache of gold coins a few years back...the old plumber started spending the 20 dollar gold pieces like they were 20 DOLLARS at the local store. Home owner found out and the lawsuit was on...lawyers ended up getting most of it. They attributed the cache as one of Poncho Villas.

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Had a chat with my father in law last night. We agreed where most of the lime mines in Roma would be. Most of the old timers he knows have passed away, but maybe they shared a story with thier child or children and may recall a story about Villa riding through thier ranch. May take some time to come up with some descent leads. I return home this weekend for my brother's wedding. I will use this short time as best as I can to come with some resources.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Good luck with the research cooltone. Keep us posted on what you find out!

Jason

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
cooltone23 said:
Sure will. Thanks for the support guys!

If you need help carrying all the loot when you find it I am pretty sure you wont have a hard time finding volunteers. ;D

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Shaw said:
cooltone23 said:
Sure will. Thanks for the support guys!

If you need help carrying all the loot when you find it I am pretty sure you wont have a hard time finding volunteers. ;D

LOL!!! You got that right. Well, only time will tell what happens. If I do find it, party in Humble!!!! LOL!!!!

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
If I see your address change from Humble to Grand Cayman Islands I will read between the lines.

:thumbsup:

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
:icon_pirat:

Arg, the Caymans... refuge for pirates. I definately would hunker down there for some old pirate treasure hunting :thumbsup:

cloviscliff

Jul 15, 2008
South Tx
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's m6, Fisher 1210, Garrett ACE 250, White's surf PI Pro, White's DF, Fisher F75se, Fisher 1236x2, Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cinenia Tx is Sinton Tx. The cemetary in Corpus is the oldest in Corpus and the caretaker supposedly new where it was buried, he was caretaker in 1953. He's gone now but I think the treasure is still safely buried. Cliff

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive by one of the "old" cemetery's in Corpus all the time. It is located near downtown...there are numerous civil war soldiers buried in this cemetery also. Very interesting.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
I saw this article in another post, and the first thing that caught my eye, is that it was written in El Centro.... California. I know some people are going to say that there is probably a El Centro in Texas ( I don't live there, so I wouldn't know ), but it also says " Brawley " which is near El Centro is in California. maybe I'm just overcautious... but it just seems like this area is a Mecca for treasure stories....

el-centro.JPG

PLL

OP
OP
P

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
PLL, news articles can appear in any state, I have 7 articles for that story. heres the Texas version.

Attachments

• dvv.JPG
    dvv.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 626
  • ggvv.JPG
    ggvv.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 641
OP
OP
P

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
It is possible that the place mentioned in Texas "Cinenia" was the original name of a ranch, that by the 50s had changed its name to kings ranch.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey peerless,
I agree that stories can be rewritten all over the country, but this area of California has had a bunch of people telling treasure stories. I have newspaper articles about pegleg's lost gold, lost ship of the desert, villa's lost rifles, etc... I would just be a little cautious...Check out her creditability first, verify that she in fact did serve with Villa....

PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread