New to San Antonio and hunting :)

Lat3ralus

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2009
San Antonio
Hey everyone, my names Chris, im new to the site, as well as hunting. I just moved to the area with my GF from Houston. Im a USAF vet, (got out in '04), and havent looked back since, haha. Ive been intrigued by metal detecting, treasure hunting since i was young. my uncle does a lot of detecting, and has accumulated all kinds of cool stuff. Im sure San Antonio and its outlying areas have tons of goodies just waiting to be found. I havent got a detector yet but im planning on getting one soon i hope. If anyone wants to get together or has any tips or knows of any cool places for me to check out, feel free to PM me or email me. Hope to talk to some of you soon!!!

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Lat3ralus said:
Hey everyone, my names Chris, im new to the site, as well as hunting. I just moved to the area with my GF from Houston. Im a USAF vet, (got out in '04), and havent looked back since, haha. Ive been intrigued by metal detecting, treasure hunting since i was young. my uncle does a lot of detecting, and has accumulated all kinds of cool stuff. Im sure San Antonio and its outlying areas have tons of goodies just waiting to be found. I havent got a detector yet but im planning on getting one soon i hope. If anyone wants to get together or has any tips or knows of any cool places for me to check out, feel free to PM me or email me. Hope to talk to some of you soon!!!
Welcome aboard the addiction. We do have a 12 step program you may be interested in after you get your detector and go on your first hunt! ;D

Your in a great area! Have fun and be safe...wish I were closer to that area.

OP
OP
Lat3ralus

Lat3ralus

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2009
San Antonio
i might just have to take u up on the 12 step program. haha. Ive not only been bit by the treasure bug, but urban exploration as well. so if anyone out there is up for the adventure im all for it.

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Welcome aboard Chris. This is a great hobbie and this site is full of folks ready to help and give their tips and advise. Good bunch of folks here.

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Oh, and I'll be in SA in on Feb 9 for a conference......maybe you could find us somewhere good to hunt by then??? :wink:

OP
OP
Lat3ralus

Lat3ralus

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2009
San Antonio
myelo1023 said:
Oh, and I'll be in SA in on Feb 9 for a conference......maybe you could find us somewhere good to hunt by then??? :wink:

thanks everyone for the welcome.

awesome, we should definitely try to get together and do something. my only problem at the moment is that i am, for a lack of a better word, a newb. I dont have a MD yet, but i got my eye on an ace 250 (seems like the standard beginners detector, unless someone has alternate suggestions)
as far as spots we could go, just by the little exploration ive done so far of my immediate area, SA looks to be an awesome place for both hunting, as well as UE (urban exploration). So im sure well be able to find plenty of places to find all kinds of goodies :)

calwells

Jan 11, 2009
hi chris cal wells here i am staying inelmendorf and working at lockland afb for a few weeks would love to get out and det am running a 2500 but just dont know were to go am heading to the beach today. send me a e mail [email protected] HH cal

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Chris, I just read your post. Are you still looking for someone to hunt with?if so a buddy and I go on the weekends,usually Sat. mornings and or Sunday mornings.we do mostly coin hunting but we aren't particular about our targets.we hit parks,school yards,playgrounds and old homesteads.we both live on the S.E. side off I-10.we both have Ace 250's an d i also have a Garrett GTA350. If you don't have a detector yet you can use my 250,ill use the other. that way if your still on the fence about the 250, you can get some time on it and decide for yourself. let me know Chris,we would live to have another dirt mover with us.

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
I live near San Antonio and I hunt all over the area. I've got a Fisher CZ7 if you need a detector and someone to hunt with. If anyone wants to get out let me know.

JP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread