Cave in Comal County Texas

rlmoor

Feb 22, 2008
There is a cave near New Braunfels, Texas (Comal County) that appears to have some man made drill holes in some large rocks/boulders just below the cave, as if someone had blasted there in the past. I grew up near this cave and played in it as a child (some 40 years ago) and often wondered about the holes (approx. 2" in diameter and extending maybe 2'-3' through the rock) drilled through the boulders. The cave has a small opening in the back that appears to go way back. As a young boy playing in the cave, my dog went into the small opening. I was very scared for my dog and kept yelling for him, after 10 to 15 minutes he finally came out. Several years ago I decided to look a little closer and spent a weekend with a friend trying to dig out the opening and pushing a portable night vision camera back as far as I could into the small opening. Did not find anything except for some old barbwire and did not see anything with the camera because the small opening seemed to zig zag a little and I couldn't get it back there far enough. Natural Bridge Caverns is only about 10-15 miles from the location and I know there is caves/caverns all over the hill country. This cave however is out in the woods not close to any man made structures.

My question is, does anyone know of any stories of hidden loot or treasure in this area and why a cave in the middle of the woods wood have drill holes in boulders nearby?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an answer, but maybe whom ever was maybe drilling to split the rock for maybe mason work, or maybe they were trying to drill away the rock to get inside. Heck, if you need some help exploring I live just North of Austin and have plenty of free time on my hands weekday or weekend.

hollywould

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2009
I live in South Austin. Spend a lot of summer time down near the river. Would love to tag along some day if you might use some extra hands.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
just read your post did you find anything in the cave?i think maybe the indians might have drilled them holes.sure would love to look at your cave.i'm down here in rockport

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread