2009?

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Happy '09 Shaw. Wen out last week, but didn't hit anything. All I found was a large nail bent at the head end, a toy truck, and a Milwakee beer can. Had fun though showing my co-worker's kids about MD'ing.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Shaw,

Haven't been out this year, yet. Tried once, but the area parks were full. Going to Arkansas to hunt with a friend from there Feb 1. Supposed to try to hit a CW encampment site. Keeping my your fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
cooltone23 said:
Happy '09 Shaw. Wen out last week, but didn't hit anything. All I found was a large nail bent at the head end, a toy truck, and a Milwakee beer can. Had fun though showing my co-worker's kids about MD'ing.

Always cool to show kids about MD. Myleo and I pretty much taught a class one day when a group of about 6 gathered round. We didn't have to did any targets that afternoon. We had diggers for us!

Hope you have some good huntin cooltone. Hope to dig with you sometime soon.

Did you ever do any research on Moonshine Hill over there in your woods?

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ThTx said:
Hey, Shaw,

Haven't been out this year, yet. Tried once, but the area parks were full. Going to Arkansas to hunt with a friend from there Feb 1. Supposed to try to hit a CW encampment site. Keeping my your fingers crossed.

I have always wanted to do some gold hunting in Arkansas. Every time we go up there I just end up fly fishing and get zoned in to that taste of rainbows on the grill.

Here is some internet pulled info, Lots of rock hounds up there in dem hills.

Arkansas was visited by Spanish explorers in the 1540's and had at least one major gold discovery. The gold mine the spanish found is today called "The Old Spanish Diggings", but the early spanish missed one thing, diamonds. The Crater of Diamonds State Park is located in Pike County Arkansas . The largest diamond ever found was "The Uncle Sam" which weighed in at 40.23 carats. There are many areas to rock and gem prospect throughout the state for amethyst, agate, jasper, quartz, calcite and barite.

The states main periods of gold prospecting occurred between 1800 and 1830. Both silver and gold have been found from the Ouachita Mountains. Gold here is often found in manganese stained quartz viens. In the Ouachita Mountains located in the Ouachita National Forest are public lands and open to non commercial rock hounding and prospecting

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Shaw said:
How are all you guys and gals doing so far in 2009? Any good finds yet?

I have not swung the MD yet this year and I am hoping to get out tomorrow for a bit of hunting. Went hiking yesterday and wish I would have packed the MD!

A little silver & a handful of wheats along with about $20 in clad.

md-1-22-0943merc.jpg

Mens .925 band and a gold plated pendant

Attachments

• ring & bling 1-11-09.jpg
    ring & bling 1-11-09.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 290
OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Nice finds Tim. Silver is always a great find in my book.

I gotta get crackin today. Out the door shortly. :thumbsup:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Thanks-

Here's today's- I was digging only the deep stuff - most of it at 8" with the exception of the 2" deep .925 screamer!

Attachments

• ring wheats 1-25-09.jpg
    ring wheats 1-25-09.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 261

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Haven't had time, been remodeling my garage. I was going to do it in 2008 but never did, 2009 is here and it's gotta be done.....Should be finished by next week. Was going to pay $1600 to have it done but decided to save the money instead. HH John

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Had a good start in 09 with a 1959 dime on Jan 1st. Went back to finish the old house I found the silver quarters at last year, no more silver just some clad and hot wheels cars. Found a few more coins at the county park but nothing worth posting. Did stop and work a city park last Sat and Sunday(about 5hrs total). Dug a little over 9 bucks in clad,even dug a couple pocket spills, one had .65 cents all stacked together. Park is old and probably got hit hard 20+ years ago(no old coins), but from what I dug, I'd say no one has worked it in a long time.

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
Been staying real close to home so far, in fact I haven't left town yet. Been hunting old areas that have been hunted to death in the past. Found a bunch of deep clad, and other junk stuff. I did find one sweet find in a little park in town, a 1912 D penny and a 1943 war nickle. I was working real slow and digging the real faint whisper signals.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Itching to go seems like every weekend either weathers bad or something else going on. Have a New Cortes ready to go.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Sounds like some good starts to the New Year.

HH

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I *might* be heading Houston way to visit w/ family, friends and old punkers from back in my music days.

I'm thinkin' maybe end of March...early April at the latest as I have a boat to get outta dry dock in my parts before too late.

Any suggestions on where to swing the coil?

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Been slim pickins so far. 1 silver ring, 3 silver chains, and a bunch of clad. BUT summer is coming and the finds will improve. Just gotta keep swinging. HH Gayle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread