Who owns the land you want to hunt?

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Who own's the land you want to hunt?

8) Hey, I was just looking at the Tennessee section and someone had posted a website that would find or help find who owned property that you might want to detect. I thought it was cool so I decided to put the feelers out. Does anyone know of a similar set up for Texas? I sure hope so.

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Re: Who own's the land you want to hunt?

I know the Collin county property can be looked up through the tax office online. Not sure about the rest of the state.

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DetectorPro HH

Just read the thread.... thats funny....Mexico

mrhinman

Dec 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
BH Quicksilver

21stTNCav said:
8) Hey, I was just looking at the Tennessee section and someone had posted a website that would find or help find who owned property that you might want to detect. I thought it was cool so I decided to put the feelers out. Does anyone know of a similar set up for Texas? I sure hope so.

Check and see if your local appraisal district office has a web site. They often have property data on their web sites available to the public. My county (Brown) even has a KML file you can download for Google Earth and see the boundaries and the property ID numbers. This makes it easier if there is no street number, or if it's a field. Take a GPS reading, then find it on GE with the KML overlay. Check the number and plug it in to your county's web site and voila! Owner's name and address. They do NOT list telephone numbers.

There are some caveats, as some land may be owned by corporations or banks and finding the property 'administrator' or other authority may be difficult.

--
Matthew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions