Draft of petition --- any comments welcome

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
I would like some feedback on this draft of a petition for some area parks that, metal detector use is prohibited in.

I plan on putting this on an online petition website and have people sign and comment on, after I get it to the final revision..
I could also modify it some, to make it into an email to send.

Please feel free to suggest anything ....additions, comments, or deletions to help get the professional metal detector users, thought across.

Thanks,
Dimeman

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
====================================================================

To: -------------------------------------------------

To the -------------------------------------------

A petition to repeal the ban of metal detector useage in precinct 4 park areas.

We the undersigned, appeal to you to lift any bans of the use of recreational metal detector usage in your precinct 4 area parks.
The precinct 4 area parks offer many outdoor activities for thousands of park users. But you have banned many people who want to use these parks with their families, because their hobby is metal detecting. This is a unfair restriction in your precinct 4 area parks.

Metal detector users help keep the park areas clean by removing dangerous, and many trash metal objects that we find, that could harm other park users. Items such as knives, razor blades, discarded syringe needles, bullets, sharp aluminum can pieces, and many other metal pieces that may possibly injure the public, have all been found in all areas of many parks. We also find crushed aluminum cans, can pulltabs, and other items on top of, and in the ground. When we find these items we retrieve them and discard them properly. We do this with no charge for this service, to the county or city, only for the enjoyment of retrieving the few loose coins we are searching for.

Most of the items we are searching for, which are dropped coins and dropped modern jewelry, are only a few inches deep. And by using a small digging tool, we dig a small hole, retrieve the items, and recover the hole afterwards, as to make it not noticeable. Thus we are leaving the park grounds in better condition than when we found them.

We consider the ban on the use of metal detectors in the precinct 4 area parks to be an unfair restriction of our public use of the parks, based only upon someone digging up some trinkets. We hope you will lift this ban, so that many more citizens can enjoy these park areas for their recreational activity, metal detecting.

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Coorect me if I am wrong, but are you talking about Humble, TX? If so, it sounds good and where do I sign.

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will sign. let me know when and where.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can have my signature and support

Now if you can just draft another one up to see if you can get us MDers some of that Economic Stimulus, say about a couple hundred million we would be eternally grateful. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
cooltone23 said:
Coorect me if I am wrong, but are you talking about Humble, TX? If so, it sounds good and where do I sign.

Precinct 4 covers much more than Humble, TX. All of the parks that metal detector use is prohibited,in precinct 4 are considered county parks, even though many are within city limits.
This is still a project in works. I hope to get more suggestions for it, before I get it online.

Come on T-Net..........I need some more suggestions to make this top notch!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
You may want to read and pattern your petition after the one in KY. Looks like an uphill struggle, but something needs to get done. KY had over 1000 names on that petition.
HH Gayle

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
The petition is finalized and the link is under a new thread.

I hope everyone will sign it!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread