Petition for ban in Harris County Precinct 4 parks is up

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Hey everyone,

Here is a petition to try and get Harris County Precinct 4 to let metal detector users, use the park areas for our hobby, metal detecting.

You can add comments if you like, but we need good points about metal detector use in all park areas. We don't need to attack their decision or call them names.

The website might ask for donations, as all websites do. You DO NOT have to "Pay to Sign" this petition !!!

******After signing, another page might randomly show up now and then asking for donations. Sorry if this happens to you, but make sure you UNCHECK the donation of $10.00.*******

Please sign and tell all your friends, family, and even tell your neighbors, so they can sign also.

Thank you very much.

Robbie

Here is the link.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lbhcp4/index.html

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Done deal and good luck with this. I would not only like to see it be successful for your benefit but the benefit we all could potentially see if this action is successful.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Thank you for signing this petition. Your signature was recorded.
Click here to visit iPetitions home page or click here to return to the petition.

:wink:

Done

TexasDeere

Jan 20, 2009
Spring, TX
I signed it. Not sure how many signatures are on it yet since it started asking for donations through paypal. Hopefully we will at least give them reason to hopefully review their stand and modifiy to everyone's benefit.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
TexasDeere said:
I signed it. Not sure how many signatures are on it yet since it started asking for donations through paypal. Hopefully we will at least give them reason to hopefully review their stand and modifiy to everyone's benefit.

Please everyone !!!! Sign this petition!!! You don't have to contribute donations to their website... we need to have lots more signatures.

Again I stress, you don't have to pay to sign !!!!!
One day it could be your park areas closed to detectors!!!!

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Have you posted this up in any other Tnet sections? There are many on here that travel to the area or live here and do not post much in the Texas forum.

Keep it up.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Shaw said:
Have you posted this up in any other Tnet sections? There are many on here that travel to the area or live here and do not post much in the Texas forum.

Keep it up.

It is posted in the Legal section also. It is also on at least 3 other detecting forums and trying to get it on a few more.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Dimeman said:
Shaw said:

Keep it up.

It is posted in the Legal section also. It is also on at least 3 other detecting forums and trying to get it on a few more.

Jump on craigslist Houston in the discussion forums as well. There may be a section just for petitions and outdoor hobbies.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Shaw said:
Dimeman said:
Shaw said:

Keep it up.

Jump on craigslist Houston in the discussion forums as well. There may be a section just for petitions and outdoor hobbies.

Thanks, I'll check into that.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Thanks to everyone who has signed this petition so far. We still need everyone to sign this. You don't have to donate anything to sign.

Here is what is on the Precinct 4 Parks website. But they prohibit the use of metal detectors???????

Please... tell everyone you know to click on the link above, and sign this petition.

*********************************************************************************************

Precinct 4's Parks Department offers the public state-of-the-art facilities, family-oriented events, and the tranquility of nature regardless of socioeconomic level, race, color, sex, physical ability, national origin, or religion.

**********************************************************************************************

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
I guess I need to start hitting these parks before they lift the ban and get cleaned out! I KID...

Good luck with the petition.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
I will bring the petition up at the Montgomery County Artifacts Recovery Club meeting Thursday evening. If anyone cares to attend, please come on out. Thanks Gayle

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I signed, but I'm not certain it is taking the signatures (since it goes to the donation page, then to PayPal and then back to the petitions, but not the one I signed.

Is there a way to see the petition?

B

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DetectorPro HH
Mrs O, Had the same thing happen to me, but yes the vote was recorded.
I suppose yours did as well as a donation is not required.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
mrs.oroblanco said:
Well, I signed, but I'm not certain it is taking the signatures (since it goes to the donation page, then to PayPal and then back to the petitions, but not the one I signed.

Is there a way to see the petition?

B

I modified the link so you can see the petition you are signing.
Thank to all who have signed so far.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I signed the petition, but nearly got hijacked for ten bucks at the petition site. Be careful, the second page is a paypal donation for the company that prints the petition and a $10.00 donation is already checked! Kinda' underhanded I think. Monty

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Monty said:
I signed the petition, but nearly got hijacked for ten bucks at the petition site. Be careful, the second page is a paypal donation for the company that prints the petition and a $10.00 donation is already checked! Kinda' underhanded I think. Monty

Thanks for the signature, and the added info on the pre-warned donations, and it does not go to the donation page on everyone..it is just random. I will modify the first post to let them know more details about the donation page

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread