Hendricks Lake - anything new

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Re: Hendrick's Lake - anything new

I haven't heard of anything recent although people have been looking for that silver for 175 years and as far as anyone knows, it's never been found. There have been many attempts to find it in the past and some pretty interesting relics have been found, but no silver, unless of course someone found it long ago and didn't speak up.

OP
OP
F

ff404

Sep 16, 2007

Your reply brings me to an interesting question. In all of the posts all over this board, so many people mention keeping it quiet when you have a find, and I agree totally with that. But, the question I have is, lets say you found the Hendrick's Lake silver, which was allegedly $2,000,000.00 in that days value... how in the world could you keep 6 wagonloads of silver ingots quiet? How would a person rid themselves of that quantity of silver without attracting someone's attention. Is it really that simple to melt down 6 wagonloads of silver and have them turned into something else which would be easier to get rid of? I hope this didn't sound sarcastic, because that is definitely not my intention, I'm just curious for more information.

krwills

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2005

The treasure was never there. If you study history, the time period you would find that only Indians lived around the lake, thewre were no roads leading to the lake and it was at least 14 miles from the nearest trace used by those that stole the treasure. Where it is can be found easy enough if you understand the history and travel routes of that day of time. There was only one access for them to dump the treasure along their route. Keith Wills

OP
OP
F

ff404

Sep 16, 2007

Krwills,

I am pretty sure I know of the area you are referring to after spending quite a bit of time studying some older maps of Texas that show the trace and various other landmarks. However, with that being said, how would you explain the artifacts that have been removed from the lake? Newspapers from Panola County confirm that a wagon wheel dating back to the era was removed from the lake, as well as a human skeleton found in the vicinity. Just because a wagon wheel was recovered obviously doesn't mean there were 6 wagons in the lake, and it is of course possible that the human remains could've been from anybody at any time, even the Indians that allegedly had a village right next to the lake.

If the location is really at a certain creek nearby, makes you wonder why nobody has recovered anything? At least publicly I guess I should say.

Anymore insight into this?

foolsgoldtx

May 5, 2010
one of my partners believes to have located this, trouble is with the landowners, and small issue with alligators

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett "Ace 250", Garrett "Groundhog", BH "Tracker IV", Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings,
I live in Longview, not far from Tatum. I too have knowledge of this treasure. I spent a few years as a deputy sheriff for that county and all my life in this area. I have done EXTENSIVE investigation about the claims i have heard through the years and talked to many of the town locals. The most concrete evidence i have is several years back, is a old man's account who lived on Martin Creek (Martin Creek/Lake is just south of Hendricks Lake approx. 2 miles as the crow flies) before it was flooded to make Martin Lake for the power plant. He explained that as a very small child around 1890's-1900's he played in Martin Creek. He said there was a heavy Indian population in this area at that time (i've found this to be true also by numerous found arrowheads and broken pieces of pottery). He said one day he was playing in this creek and ventured away from his property into an area he'd never been, that's when he said the found a hollowed out cave in the creek bank. He said he entered and saw many gold bars inside. As a result he was confronted by an Indian, he said he then ran off scared to death. He told his dad but no one believed him and dismissed him off as a imaginative kid. He told me the Indians kept a close eye on the treasure and that area but never did anything with it. As time passed he left the area and the creek was flooded into a large lake.

This man had no reason to lie to me and no reason to make up such a claim. As a police officer of many years i consider myself a pretty good judge of when i'm being lied to or not. This man told me he could put my feet on top of the exact spot where this cave is if there wasn't a lake there now. I don't know of anyone who has heard this story but i believed the old man who has since passed on. He also told me the treasure is GOLD, he said he saw GOLD bars, NOT silver. He also said Hendricks Lake is NOT where this GOLD is, he said there is nothing in there like everyone thinks.

I do not know anything more than what the old man told me as i have described above. As i said, i believe the old man and will from now own. Texas A&M came up here several years back and dredged Hendricks Lake, they spent lots of money and resources only to find NOTHING! Their conclusion was that the treasure is somewhere else and NOT in Hendricks Lake. If Texas A&M tried and found nothing, you can probably bet nothing is there. They have some pretty awesome equipment, personnel and financial backing.

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone want to plan a hunt for this?.

I have already attempted to access the site 3-4 weeks ago. Hendricks Lake is now "Posted Private Property". Luminate Energy is strip mining the entire area around Hendricks Lake (and will probably consume the lake itself), the County Commissioners have closed the county road leading to the Lake and posted signs everywhere. For years Luminate energy has been buying all the property they can in the mining area. I see they finally obtained the property where Hendricks Lake is. If anyone enters this area now, they will be trespassing on Luminate energy property and that is a big no no around these parts. I worked this area as a Deputy Sheriff, i have first hand experience with people who trespass on Luminate land.
Unless someone has another source for access i would say Hendricks Lake is now officially a lost cause. As i have stated before, the treasure is NOT in Hendricks Lake anyway. It is in Martin Creek which is submerged in what is now Martin Lake. If you have underwater sonar and a dive team you will more than likely find it.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading this story it does seem interesting indeed!! One could get old maps of the area where it shows the creek prior to the lake being filled and overlayed over the area as it is today could bring someone some hope!

Too bad I am not dive certified. Well I am dive certified but more on the skydiving part! ;o)))

As P47RCFlyer stated; a dive team along with maps overlay it could be very possible to find the creek with divers swimming along the creek route and finding the cave. I am guessing it couldn't be too much sediment to cover the opening, just a matter if someone can still get in it and finding the treasure!

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading this story it does seem interesting indeed!! One could get old maps of the area where it shows the creek prior to the lake being filled and overlayed over the area as it is today could bring someone some hope!

Too bad I am not dive certified. Well I am dive certified but more on the skydiving part! ;o)))

As P47RCFlyer stated; a dive team along with maps overlay it could be very possible to find the creek with divers swimming along the creek route and finding the cave. I am guessing it couldn't be too much sediment to cover the opening, just a matter if someone can still get in it and finding the treasure!

Yes, it could be done. However, with sonar or something like that the treasure could be found i'm 100% confident. This is the primary reason why all these years no one has ever found anything at Hendricks Lake; because there's nothing there, LOL. The lake is not that deep and could easily be searched. I have seen this lake in the dry season down to almost nothing in some places. Just a thought.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it could be done. However, with sonar or something like that the treasure could be found i'm 100% confident. This is the primary reason why all these years no one has ever found anything at Hendricks Lake; because there's nothing there, LOL. The lake is not that deep and could easily be searched. I have seen this lake in the dry season down to almost nothing in some places. Just a thought.

Yeah, guess we could use another drought then! Still would be nice to find it! Of course grabermint will steal it if they hear about it!

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, guess we could use another drought then! Still would be nice to find it! Of course grabermint will steal it if they hear about it!

Yes sir, give another couple months and will be so low in some places you can walk across. If we have another drought this summer it will be easy to find the creek route.

JPS

Jul 1, 2005
Martin Creek Hunt

I am in. I know some fish finders are actually sonar units. I am a diver and I am interested in hunting this in the coming months. Contact me if you want to plan a trip/hunt.
214-683-6886

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in. I know some fish finders are actually sonar units. I am a diver and I am interested in hunting this in the coming months. Contact me if you want to plan a trip/hunt.
214-683-6886

Drop me a PM.

Iamisland

Sep 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luminant is not mining this area...

I have already attempted to access the site 3-4 weeks ago. Hendricks Lake is now "Posted Private Property". Luminate Energy is strip mining the entire area around Hendricks Lake (and will probably consume the lake itself), the County Commissioners have closed the county road leading to the Lake and posted signs everywhere. For years Luminate energy has been buying all the property they can in the mining area. I see they finally obtained the property where Hendricks Lake is. If anyone enters this area now, they will be trespassing on Luminate energy property and that is a big no no around these parts. I worked this area as a Deputy Sheriff, i have first hand experience with people who trespass on Luminate land.
Unless someone has another source for access i would say Hendricks Lake is now officially a lost cause. As i have stated before, the treasure is NOT in Hendricks Lake anyway. It is in Martin Creek which is submerged in what is now Martin Lake. If you have underwater sonar and a dive team you will more than likely find it.

Luminant Energy is not the electric company mining this area... You need to do better research if you wish us to believe your rumors! AEP or Southwestern Electric Power Company "SWEPCO" are the ones doing the mining!!!

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is true, i have researched and found pre martin lake topo maps showing the location of the two creeks coming together and plotted it against where they would be under the water currently. Hmmm I wonder......

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luminant Energy is not the electric company mining this area... You need to do better research if you wish us to believe your rumors! AEP or Southwestern Electric Power Company "SWEPCO" are the ones doing the mining!!!

I don't need you to believe my "rumors" Einstein. I know exactly who is mining this property and it is NOT SWEPCO! You need to get your facts straight before you come on here running your mouth!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions