Mcfadden Beach?

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Going on a trip along the coast in this area. This is the closest beach to our hotel. What are the detecting laws for this beach and other beaches east and west of this beach? Probably going to be going to a few LA beaches also. Any info on the laws in these areas along the coast is welcome.

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never been there....but did a Google search of it and it came up with lots of indian artifacts....good luck.
Kieth

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to say part of the beach is National wetlands there have been some nice Spear points found here.
I've seen some old timey pics were it was crowed. Sabine pass is near there might be able to get permission to hunts some yards but there also still digging out from Ike and RITA.

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
I'm from Sabine Pass and I've been metal detecting before on McFadden beach. You can hunt the water line but not the dunes. There used to be a spot that would produce lots of old coins but none that were worth much, but it was near the dunes. I hunted out there for years and one day a Park Ranger told me not to hunt the dunes or he'd give me a ticket. That ended my McFadden beach hunting.

In the past 3 years we had Rita and Ike blow through and I would imagine anything that was on the beach is either out in the marsh or now uncovered. Last time I was down there you couldn't drive to the beach due to the highway being washed out.

All of the yards, like my parents, are now full of junk from the storm. I do know of one location that used to be where the bars and hospital were located in the 1800's that has produced some nice finds (mostly bottles). The problem is that is lies in the marsh and I doubt you'll want to wade out there with the gators, snakes, and mosquitos out. You also have to catch a low tide and a brisk North wind, which means you need to be there in December/January time frame.

I wouldn't waste my time on the beach but you never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread