OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Looks like it's only us newbies that can go on Wed. ThTx says he can't get there on wed., would we like to make it thursday. Since I'm retired I think I'm okay with that. I really would like someone with experience to be there. I won't touch the sod either. I don't want to make a mess. We have to do something besides the playground!!!
Is anyone out there who is going that is experienced with searching the grassy areas, and is everyone okay with thursday???? :icon_scratch:

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I am fine with Thursday. I found a slug from a 9mm in Salado Park today, creeped me out a bit. Thursday is ok with me, because I am not working right now anyway. I will still be going to goof around on Wednesday morning somewhere, anyone want to come out here to Richardson/North Dallas to hit some of these? I know they are not played out, as I only get about 35 cents in clad and a pound of junk everytime I go to a different park.

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
So are you folks meeting up tomorrow? If so let us know how it turns out!

Grip

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Three of us had a hunt today, and as far as I can tell myself, THTX and Baylor are meeting at Cole Park tomorrow. I scored a buffalo nickle today, so I am really excited.

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I will be there around 8:30 Looking for another fun time.
Dustbuster

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice meeting y'all!!! Sorry I couldn't stay longer.. For the score I DID find 4 bottlecaps in the time I was there..LOL!

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone post your final score. Mine was 3 pennies, 1 3/8" galvanized bolt, several pulltabs and some candy wrapper foil! Maybe next time we can do Lee Park and I could possibly stay longer.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I got 58 cents in clad, a small plated heart, the New York subway token, a bit from an alternator.....and about 40 bottle caps and 30 pull tabs. Also, several chunks and snarls of wire that I am sure the groundskeepers would be disappointed to find.

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Libralabsoldier,
it only goes to show you........the ones who dig everything-get the most!! You had a great day! :wav:
I ended up with 3 pennies, and a dime. I learned a whole lot more than that. So, it was well worth the trip. I gotta get a pinpointer! That really made a lot of difference in dig time and the size of the hole..........
Happy Hunting everyone :thumbsup:

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Mainly I dig everything because I understand the limitations of even the best of machines, and mine is not the best. So I go by what it is telling me that I am sure of: There is metal under there! The pinpointer did seriously help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread