Longview Area

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
I have a bud in Longview that I'll be visiting this spring. He tells me there are some places on the back roads worth detecting, I would get a good detailed county map and take a drive. Also a trip to the local library could be very informative. Hope this helps, I don't have any personal local knowledge

Tommie

Mar 20, 2009
What kind of adventure spots are you looking for? I live and metal detect in the Longview area. There are a lot of nice lakes in the area to use that new boat in.

OP
OP
A

ablott

Apr 16, 2009
growing up I would find neat rock and sticks, etc..within the past few years I was turned onto mainly artifacts and fossils while I lived in Alabama. The people I went with grew up hunting and diging and knew where to take me. They literally have museum rooms full of finds. I have found a few points and alot of shark teeth. I moved back to Longview and don't know anyone really or where to go..So, anywhere where I can dig or look around and find something (metal, artifacts, etc..)would be great. I stumbled upon this site and would now like to invest in a detector soon. I don't know much about anything like that but know I would love it. I just love digging and finding something. I don't mind going with groups or anything, I just want to be safe is the most important thing.

Tommie

Mar 20, 2009
I am a member of the East Texas Treasure Hunters Association. We have meetings on the second Monday of every month at the VFW/Bingo Hall just off of Marshall Avenue. The meetings start at 7:00 PM. A lot of good people that would be willing to help you find some search and dig areas that would be safe. Welcome to Longview.

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
I am new to detecting myself. I did find, however, that in our area of Texas there are many old homesteads. The advice of going to the library may be very beneficial for you, because most times they will have older maps of homesteads and where they used to be in the area. If you can find an old homestead or a foundation from that homestead, that is a great place to start.

John( Newbie )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread