Great news tonight!

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Just talked with my wife's grandmother about some new property she has purchased; there's an old home site on it and she figures the NEWEST it could be is 1930s!!!

She has also decided that I can MD on BOTH of her properties and the main property DOES have an old homestead on it that I have looked up and dated to 1898! Just on the surface I have found metal artifacts and glass, I can only imagine what is laying in wait for my loop!

To date she hasn't ever let me or anyone else detect on her place for one reason or another. After showing her some pictures of some of my latest finds she called tonight and said she would be interested in seeing "what's under her dirt". I told her I would give everything I found to her after I photographed it, but she said anything I dig up I have earned, unless it's a LOT of money and then I have to take her to dinner with the profits she said! ;D

Now the hard decision, do I go here first or to my place in West Texas that may have the old cistern or cellar hole?!? :icon_scratch:

Grip

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
Unless the weather is too bad to hunt, the wife and I will head to East Texas next Saturday morning. I'll hunt all day and then we'll all go to dinner. Finds or no finds I'm buying grandma's supper for sure!

Been a long time since I had butterflies in the old belly just thinking about a spot!

Grip

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lemme know if you need any help shakin' down any old houses! I'm in Plano as well...

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
pyledriver said:
Lemme know if you need any help shakin' down any old houses! I'm in Plano as well...

Ah HA!!! Now I know who is digging the tot lots before I get there! :wink:

This first go around I'll be hunting alone to size the area up. But, it looks like this could be a fun group hunt in the future as well. According to the wife's grandmother this place had a couple of barns on it as well up until a couple of years ago! So, possibly some iron relics as well as the normal household finds.

I plan to head out there Friday morning if the weather permits. Seems like all my planned hunts are getting rained out lately! >:(

Grip

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LOL! I was thinking that was YOU hitting 'em before I got there.. I know for a fact that one of the tot lots I hit the other night had been pretty much vacuumed clean before I got there. Not that N. Texas isn't FULL of detectorists, but I've just never found a spot that wasn't full of good stuff. Spoiled I guess..

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
That is funny, before the last two hunts I have been on, I have never found anything but clad and pulltabs. I am going to Lake Palestine/Frankston area tomorrow to visit my parents and do a bit of fishing....and to do a quick hunt on the swim beach ;D

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
Liberal and Pyledriver, it seems you 2 are very close to my locations as well. Want to hook up for a park run one afternoon? Hit 3 or 4 parks and see what all is out there?

I don't have any private property close to the area to hunt, and not sure if grandma is going to open it up for me to take any folks out any time soon.

Grip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread