Oklahoma Treasure Hunt (what do you think the interest would be)

SEHunter

Feb 13, 2009
Alright folks, I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and I've just about got the details ironed out. This would not be just a regular 1 day hunt, but several (nice) prizes given. It would be required of the participants to decipher codes, maps, etc to find each treasure and would not be some easy "walk to this spot and there's the treasure" type hunts. I would like to do this first within the 10 1/2 county boundary of the Choctaw Nation and see how it goes, then hopefully be able to move farther out. I can't go into a lot of detail, as you can surely understand, but just give me an idea of what you think the response to this might be. Thanks. SE Hunter

I posted the same thread in the Oklahoma and Arkansas forums and was just wondering if anyone from Texas would be interested in this if I do it. Also, what size prizes (realistically) would it take to get you to hunt? Thanks

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
The Durant area of the Choctaw Nation is an easy drive from the DFW area, so I would think some of us would be interested.

When you get some firm details, be sure to post again here and also send info to the Texas (especially North Texas) area treasure hunting clubs.

OP
OP
S

SEHunter

Feb 13, 2009
I will do it bella. At this point I'm looking at possibly a July kickoff date with prizes being silver bars and some other less often seen but very cool stuff. The Durant area will definitely be included as well as the McCurtain Co. area as I know a lot of people travel there during the summer from Texas. Thanks for the response, and I'll keep you informed. SE Hunter

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Not much into contesting (never tried it) but I think it would be cool to come up and meet a few folks.

Grip

OP
OP
S

SEHunter

Feb 13, 2009
This would consist of 10-15 individual hunts. Each person would register on the website, and on a certain date the maps/waybills, clues, etc. will be released for all who have registered to view and the search begins! Not known to anyone (except myself) will be one large prize (undetermined) among the others. I will be the only one who knows any of the locations of the hidden items. With your registration you are entitled to all the treasures you can find. This will actually require you to go to the places and claim the hidden item, which will not be the prize itself, but an item with a tag attached with a code on it that you must email in to collect the prize. Website will be updated as each prize is claimed. Like I said, I can't give away all the details right now, but if you have a question please post it here and I'll answer it if I can. I'll keep you updated as I get more done. Hopefully I'll have the website up by the end of the month (May). These hunts will NOT be easy to solve for most people and I think that's the way we all like it. I am very excited about this and have been actively procuring the prizes. I think a lot of people love to fantasize about hunting treasure, breaking codes, solving puzzles, etc. (I know I do) so I'm gonna give everyone that chance. Till next time! SE Hunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread