Time for a Dallas, Richardson, Plano hunt?

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Made my 'purdy pleez' request....

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Made my groups request too. I can hunt on Wednesdays for the foreseeable future, but other than that only on weekends. :-[ I'm still a working lady most of the week. I don't know if I'll be able to make the May 13 hunt (I'm usually playing catch-up the week after a vacation), but I'll be alert for future hunts.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I will also keep an eye on this thread. I would like to join in but usually I'm only am able to detect weekends and work everyother Sat. Might be able to squeeze out on a weekday though. Haven't heard from Baggins so he is probably on the road.

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
I approved the folks that have requested thus far.

The main reason I suggested a weekday hunt is to avoid the crowds and over protective mama's at the tot-lots, ever had one come storming up asking what that evil stick in your hand was? NOt a pretty site! I thought I'd have to brandish my digger to get her to back off! :tard:

How about a weekend private property hunt if this doesn't work out?

Grip

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm in for whatever! LOL at the story about the momma bear! Sometimes folks sure can act weird...

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
ALWAYS looking for people, and places to hunt!!
Baggins

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
Hey folks,

I have talked to 2 property owners over the last couple of days to see about a hunt on thier property that dates back to about the 1900s.

Dunno where it will go, but if I can score them we may be good for a weekend hunt on private property. I'll keep you informed as things progress.

Grip

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
OOPS!!!

Sorry Baggins, C'mon down once we have a place/date lined out! The more the merrier!

Grip

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are we doing the 13th? Where do we want to meet? Where does everyone want to hunt? Do we want to carry a lunch? Talk to me.

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
ThTx said:
Are we doing the 13th? Where do we want to meet? Where does everyone want to hunt? Do we want to carry a lunch? Talk to me.

As for me, I'm still planning on the 13th. I think if we bring our lunch and dine in a park we can all get to know one another over it and that will be more fun to me than hitting a fast food joint.

Bad news so far on the private properties so far...

Grip

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
OK, as I said earlier in the week I have been trying to gain permission for 2 private properties in south Collin County.

Well I got an answer to 1 of them today... NO! "We have applied for a historical marker for the farm and can't allow anyone on it now. We'll look into it again after we have/havenot gained historical marker status."

Ok then, looks like that one is on the back burner for a while! :icon_scratch:

Grip

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrGrip said:
ThTx said:

As for me, I'm still planning on the 13th. I think if we bring our lunch and dine in a park we can all get to know one another over it and that will be more fun to me than hitting a fast food joint.

Sounds good to me - I'm in.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Damn, wish I was as well, but I will be back out on the road, and have a baby coming on the 22nd....
Baggins

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I have been busy, but shoot me a message and we will get together. I just got a basket case motorcycle, and need to find some diamond rings or something to buy parts and pay for Mrs. LLS further indulgence!

My school just started, but it is online, so no worries. Hit me up!

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm ready! I drove past one of the farmhouses I have permission to hunt...you can't even SEE it right now! LOL... Totally overgrown and the crop that circles it is probably knee deep as well. The other house is probably even worse! I'm always looking though so we'll see what we can scrounge up.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can definitely do the 13th and may be able to hunt this coming Friday. Picnic lunch sounds good. I just have to pick up carpool in north Dallas at 3. Looking forward to it!

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LOL! That ain't right... However, the farmer would probably give us 'two good whacks' if we get into his crop!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread