Time for a Dallas, Richardson, Plano hunt?

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Howdy, Hola, and HI!

Been a hectic week for me so far! :o Is it Freiday yet?

I'm looking forward to the 13th and am wondering where we'll start and where we'll go from there.... ???

Shall we exercise the YAHOO mail address and get some ideas going?

I have a spot located close to Renner Road and Alma Road in Richardson that may, or may not, do something for us. I haven't hunted it, but walking around it I haven't seen sign of MDs being out there. This spot is popular for bride pictures and such. It's right next to a flowing creek with a water fall and a few years ago my sons and I were driving by when a future bride was getting her pictures made there. My youngest son (6 at the time) all of a sudden said, "DAD, STOP! IT'S A PRINCESS!!! We had to stop so he could go say hi to the "princess". She kissed him on the cheek after talking to her and then told him that he would one day meet a princess to call his own! That boy was walking about 3 feet off the ground when we went back to the truck!

I'll bet a few of them have dropped some change over the years, this park has been in place since the 50s.

Grip

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I still would like to join everyone on the Oak Cliff hunt. Hope it dries out a little. I went back over to Tietze Pk. again last week. Very muddy. They had put new mulch in the playground, but I still found a few quarters and dimes. Had some hits that said 8+ inches and a penny,but didn't want to dig that deep. Again, the kids started arriving around 9 am. I also found what looks like a kids gold ankle braclet, but couldn't find a gold marking on it. I was happy. Still plan to hit it some more when it dries up a little. Next time away from the playground.
Let me know if friday is still good for Oak Cliff.
Dustbuster

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Howdy Folks! (Done in my best Big Tex voice)

Looks like I'll be a no show for the 13th. :(

Over the last couple of days I have succeeded in making ANOTHER payment on my cardiologist's Mercedes.

I'm fine, but I doubt the wife is going to let me out of her sight for a couple of weeks. She's pretty protective... :wink:

I have 2 stints in me from December and it looks like one of them is not playing nice. Chances are I'll be on MAJOR restricted duty for a little while and then I can get back to my normal routine.

Looking forward to reports from all of you on the hunt and I promise I'll be right there with you, only I'll be in the living room watching Oprah or something along those lines (daytime TV sucks!) >:(

TTFN,
Grip (Charlie)

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you aren't feeling well. Take it easy so you can join us next time!

Miningtown

Apr 22, 2009
Argyle, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI PRO sl, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I'm going to try to swing by to say hi and introduce myself, but my detector went back to the mothership for repairs. Good luck on the hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread