MDing at Gee School In Pilot Point

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
The Pilot Point Gee School has been closed for a while now, and was built on A.H. Gee's property in the early 1900's. Some of the very old playground equipment still stands to this day. I went out today during my lunch break and picked up two very old nails that registered as silver on the ACE 250, and there is still a lot of MDing left to be done there. Part of the property is the old Pilot Point baseball field. If you go to that website for Texas History from UNT, you can type in Pilot Point,TX and it will bring up a picture of A.H. Gees two story home and front yard, which is also still standing from the late 1800's! It is right across the street from the GEE school. There is a lot of history wrapped up in this ol town and its going to be a blast Mding out here! If anyone is interested in a hunt out here give me a shout on here! I try to detect on weekends, but mostly do it during the mornings on week days.

Just keep swinging Just keep swinging!
John
(Newbie)

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Hey JJ!

Sounds like you have a GREAT opportunity to make some wonderful finds!

I would love to come up, but it would have to be a weekend hunt for me. Work is a pain right now.

I'll bet there are a couple of folks that frequent the Texas Forum that will be able to accompany you on the weekday hunts though!

Make sure you keep us updated as to what you find.

Grip

Miningtown

Apr 22, 2009
Argyle, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI PRO sl, Tesoro Tiger Shark
JJ. I would love to join ya...I've driven through that area and it looks like some great hunting grounds. I too am limited to weekends for a while but may have a Monday pop up here soon.

Good luck and post your finds for us to see.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
It does sound like a great area...have you gained permission to hunt that area? What about the house? I am in town until the 8th...If you go in the mornings, that works best for me...just pm me and let me know...
Baggins

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
While you are there, stop at the bank on the square...it was one of the banks robbed by Bonnie and Clyde during their heyday...used to have a nice set up about it...

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Great suggestion OG!
Baggins

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
That thing about the bank is very good info! And thanks to the rest of you who have read and replied! I was on the square for about 4 hours this last saturday, and while i did not find coinage, i did find many cool old relics. One was a door hinge, and i found a door lock, and a few other misc. items. I will try to get some pics posted eventually here. My life gets pretty hectic during the week. I will go to the bank though, because it is still standing. They are knocking down many of the buildings, but the bank would be a great place to look! Thanks guys!

JJ
(Newbie)

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
JJ, if you get the chance, check out the towns north of pilot point, tioga, whitesboro on up to the border, alot of pioneer history in that area...imo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread