Hunting May 3-10

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My husband and I have next week off (Sunday, May 3, through Sunday, May 10) and we're looking to do some metal detecting during that time. No specific sites yet, other than Lake Grapevine (which we have a permit for), but I'm just putting out some feelers to see if anyone else would want to get together and hunt on any of those days.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can do it on the 8th. I want to hit Lake Cliff Park in south Dallas. Used to be an amusement park and there are some great old pictures online. :)

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can hunt the 6th. Send me a PM.

OP
OP
B

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
baylorhall said:
I can do it on the 8th. I want to hit Lake Cliff Park in south Dallas. Used to be an amusement park and there are some great old pictures online. :)

Sounds intriguing. I looked at the pics I could find online. Have you found anything like an aerial map that shows where the different buildings and attractions were? I found an aerial picture, but it doesn't show everything.

OP
OP
B

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
baylorhall said:
This is the only thing I found. If you go down to the Then and Now section, you can see some pictures, though they aren't great. I have never been there before.
http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/spe/2002/hiddenhistory/1901-1925/070002dnhhlakecliff.4473361b.html

I saw that. And in the slideshow, it shows the cover of a Lake Cliff Park brochure with the photo credit "Courtesy of the Dallas Public Library." So the library collection might have more information about the park and maybe a map. It looks like most of the attractions were right on the lake, though.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure it has been hunted a bunch, but looks like fun.

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I went over there a couple of weeks ago, but was a little nervous about being there by myself. I drove around the Jefferson area for a while and looked for empty lots that were dug up. I saw a couple near there, but was too cowardly to ask anyone. Actually, I had read about the early settlement of Dallas being wiped out by a flood on the Trinity and was looking for the area where the original settlement and town were before it happened. I couldn't find the best way to get there around Colorado and the Houston St. bridge.
I'd love to go too, if there's others. I'm usually available every morning during the week, unless something comes up. Let me know.
Sherry

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I am available just about any day. Feel free to shoot me an email at libralabrat@gmail to set something up.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I am available on the 6th as well,,,shoot me a PM....Would like to maybe hit lake cliff park...
Baggins

OP
OP
B

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Sorry I haven't been responding. Been kind of busy running errands.

I am up for hunting on both the 6th and 8th. I'd say let's do Lake Cliff on the 8th as baylorhall suggested. For the 6th, I'm open to any locations.

OP
OP
B

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
OK, my vacation has been much busier than I anticipated! I don't plan on hunting tomorrow, but I am looking forward to hunting on Friday.

I will message you, baylorhall, and anyone else who is interested in going to Lake Cliff park on Friday, let me know!

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry I have been so uncertain of my plans. Looks like if my son behaves himself, I am free to go to Lake Cliff tomorrow. I have never been there, so don't know any specific places to meet. For me, 10 am might be the best time to meet. Who can come?? I will post on Yahoo as well. If you know a spot to meet, post it. Thanks! HH

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, bad news here. Son can't go on the field trip, so I will have to stay at home with him. I am really bummed. I know Dustbuster wants to go, but needs someone to join her. Please let her know if you can go to Lake Cliff Park tomorrow. If it doesn't work out, we will do it another week.
Thanks

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I may be able to, but we are leaving to start our move to Oklahoma tomorrow, so I have to pack that car at some point. Trying to talk my wifey into it as we speak.

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Sounds like it just isn't a good time for tomorrow. It's still pretty wet,too. If others are going I will be there too, otherwise, we try for another day.
Dustbuster

OP
OP
B

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I am also not able to go...sadly, I haven't found a chance to do ANY detecting this week! Of course, the rain and humidity haven't helped...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread