OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
2 nickels, a dime, a penny and wet, wet, wet...........but, hey!!! Is that the sun peeking inbetween the clouds???? :blob9: Yeah, maybe I'll try again.

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
I agree 100%, it's too wet already, rain please go away! The dog bounded into the front yard this morning and sunk in about 6"!

I'm stuck in "no stooping, bending, crouching" mode for a few more days so at least I'm not going TOO crazy with the rain. I did manage to go over and look at a couple of parks by where I work (don't tell the wife). While I was there it started to rain AGAIN so I moved along.

Grip

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Tues. and Wed. should be better! I am free Wed. for a hunt. It might be my last full free day for a long time. Dustbuster, do you or others want to hit something together that morning before it gets too hot?? I know Grip was out for any bending and digging, so it might just be a small group. Let me know!

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Tuesday is good. Wed. I have take a friend for a doctors appt. at 11. If I can be there by 8:30 then leave about 10 I might could do it. I know that's cutting it pretty close, but :crybaby2: I wanna go ...........
Any choices of where to go. If the sun is out, so the kiddies will be too. I tried to hit a park in Mansfield right after the rain stopped and they were already at the playground. I just went over the volleyball court. As usual---na-da......

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
I have a Dr appt tomorrow (Tuesday) but I can try and come out and "supervise" a while on Wednesday if I can sneak out. :wink:

Grip

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Let me know. I do not have much else going on right now, due to every single government agency that owes me money messing up at the same time........ >:(

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Libra--- Dustbuster and I may get together in Grapevine on Tues. morning. Do either of you have any suggestions for Wed.? Dustbuster can't make it until after a friend's dr. appt.. I am flexible on Wed.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking maybe Kimzey Park in Colleyville then Parr Park in Grapevine. I just have never been to Kimzey and it was between Arlington and where I live. Parr is bigger, but I have been there before. I don't know that either is old. I was just trying to find places that weren't too far from home since I have to be home before noon. Any other suggestions, Libra?

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, Let's just say Parr Park in Grapevine around 9 or 9:15. I hate making decisions! Dustbuster, will you join us? Anyone is welcome to come along. See you there.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Dustbuster,Libra and pyledriver, sounds like you have a nice little group of folks...what are the chances of a newbie joining in with y'all? Would like to meet some of the folks that I read here on T'net...I live in the Joshua area...
I'm just getting started in the hobby and don't know shinola about where to go or how to get there, but I am willing to learn...best thing I can do, learn...PM me if you want...

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Hi there, OldGoat:

Have you found many coins, rings, etc in Joshua? My sister lived there in 70s
and 80s. Did a google search and found the town is run by ladies. What's that
like? Do you know where the old college (1890s) stood?

lastleg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread