Anyone with a 2 box in the N. Dallas area?

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Grip

I would forget that area to search because you say 12-24" plus the depth of any buried item in that spot. My two box eagle eye with GTI2500 can detect more than that depth.

Arch

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Get hold of ThTx, he has a Master Hunter with the 2-box. I'll probably be seeing him later today and will mention it to him as well..

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
i would check with the folks over at garrett they might loan you one. good publicity for them and they are great folks to deal with.not far from you and the area you are searching.worst thing they can do is say no but they could surprise you.they have a new website up and running and i bet they would love to put the recovery of your finds on it. good luck

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Saw the video about this and I hope you can find it and let the city know where they lost it.
I would say also get with Garrett and see if they would lend you a 2 box.

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
Hey all,

I spoke with Garrett today and it is being considered!

Thanks for the "heads up" about this one, I would have never thought about it.

Here is the link to the newest interview about this, it gives a bit more detail about my "mission" as they call it...

http://www.scntx.com/articles/2009/05/22/plano_star-courier/news/719.txt

Thanks for all the help, and I would LOVE to get a lot of folks together to hunt this place PRIOR to getting the 2 box to get quite a few "targets" for the 2 box hunt.

Any volunteers? Buhler, Buhler, Buhler...

Grip

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Keep us all posted on this...I would be in on doing a hunt like this...
Baggins

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
Sorry folks, I missed that someone had replied.

Thus far I have talked to Garrett a couple of times and am awaiting a return call from them the middle of the month.

I have visited with 2 women that were a part of the class that buried the time capsule in 1967 and both have stated it was buried where I remember it being.

Next step is to get into the archives from the elementary school that performed the burial... Can't do that until AFTER school starts back up. According to the former librarian there will be pictures and documents relating to this activity...

So until after school starts I'm just hitting the park a couple of times a week and marking spots of potential targets on my GPS. Finding a few little goodies as well when they show up! :wink:

I'll reply when I get more info, this could be going on for a while.

Grip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread