1st day hunting i get this , can someone identify it??

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
I just got my MD and decided to go on the hunt in my own back yard ::) , after about 20lbs of rusty nails and tin cans i found this old red "jolly green giant" die cast helicopter (what's left of it ) .. I can't find any other info on it , just curious if someone found something similar..

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 418
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 429

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Boy, that thing sure shrunk after being buried so long... :laughing9:

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
That copter was called the Jolly Green Giant although yours is not green.
The Sikorsky HH-53 or the Super Jolly Green Giant was ordered by the USAF for Search and Rescue operations. The Sikorsky HH-53 is the USAF version of the CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopter. The main reason for the development of Sikorsky HH-53 is to replace the HH-3 which is also called the Jolly Green Giant. Later on, the Sikorsky HH-53 was upgraded to MH-53.

A lot of Sikorsky HH-53 variants were produced, such as the HH-53B which has a retractable in-flight refueling probe on the right side of the nose, the HH-53C which was an interim type that dispenses with the fuel tank bracing struts, the MH-53H which retained the in-flight refueling probe, external fuel tanks, rescue hoist and three gun armament, the MH-53J which is the largest and most powerful Sikorsky HH-53 variant produced by the US Air Force and the MH-53M has been modified with the Interactive Defensive Avionics System.

On March 15, 1967, the Sikorsky HH-53 Super Jolly Green Giant made its first flight at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The Sikorsky HH-53 was faster and had tripled the take off of the HH-3. Other than that, the Sikorsky HH-53 was larger, more heavily armed and with almost double the shaft horsepower. Thus, the Sikorsky HH-53 had better overall performance and hover capability.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread