Hello Guys

Tico14

Jun 16, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, 1266X, Troy Shadow X-3, Tesoro Deleon, Silver Umax, Whites IDX-Pro (Mr. Bill's Mods), Silver Eagle, Modded Classic 1,
Hello Fellow Texans
I have been away from the hobby for sometime due to shoulder injury but have recovered and ready to get back to detecting regularity if this heat wave ever breaks.
I hunted really hard for about 2 years then hurt my shoulder and had to lay off for the last few years.
I live North of Houston, Conroe to be exact, and like to hunt places where I can find something old.
TC probally won't remember but I met him in Calvert one time and we hunted what looked like an old jail, it's been years ago.
I'm a member of the Montgomery County Metal detecting Club , so if anybody lives near Conroe and would like to attend one of our meetings. Please contact me at
[email protected].

I'm glad to be back and looking forward to getting back in the SWING of things.
I included a scan of my better coins that I have found

One of the Seated Dimes the 1876 is a Carson City, found in Montgomery, Tx..
The seated half & other seated dime was found in Ghost town of Danville, Tx.
My arsenal right now is
CZ-5 for coins
1236X-2 for relics.

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 274

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
TICO!!!! I remember you, Glad to see you back swinging and welcome Back! Found some Great stuff while you were gone, and found a few of those virgin spots you been Dreamin about. looks like you have to.

I see your Still swingin that bullet proof CZ-5. Love to hunt with you agien.

If you remember the first seated I ever found was a seated dime 1876 CC at that old jail house, I got half way home and had to go back as I had forgotten my truck LOL .
Very nice bunch of coins

OP
OP
Tico14

Tico14

Jun 16, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, 1266X, Troy Shadow X-3, Tesoro Deleon, Silver Umax, Whites IDX-Pro (Mr. Bill's Mods), Silver Eagle, Modded Classic 1,
Hello TC
Yeah, I'm still swinging the old venerable CZ-5. Although I do have a hankering to try one of these new detectors. I see you have moved up to an Explorer. When we hunted I think you had just got an Ace 250.
I did see your post when you were sifting the old Calvert store, Man you really cleaned up on that one. Congrats

I have been out of the hobby for a few years and been going back to some of my old spots. To bad I waited until the Texas Summer to decide to get active again. The ground is hard as a rock.

I would love to hunt with you again, I'm sure we can get together in the near future for a hunt or 2.

Good LucK and HH
Jerry

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Yea i got the Minelab right after the Jailhouse hunt, I might can get back on there agien as Donald has it back (had it leased). I might just have to ask him as its a good easy spot for this Texas heat and its all sand.
I was pretty much a newby back then, and after 2 yrs still learning this machine.
Im Gald your back you were the first person I ever meet that shared this hobbies passion like I do.
Did you get to galveston after the storm?

OP
OP
Tico14

Tico14

Jun 16, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
No, I have never hunted at the beach, not that I wouldn't, but been kinda inland hunter.
Yeah, I would go back there, there has to be somemore goodies hiding there. It is a really cool looking place with the carriage house an all.
I'm going on vacation in a week or so to Sedona Arizonia , be back first week of July.
I'll get in touch with you when I get back and maybe we can get together and hit the old place again. Maybe in the meantime, you can try to get his permission.

I found a Ghost town that had 1500 people at one time, been gone since the 1870's. All I need is permission and there should be some good hunting there. Pretty growed up though.

Jerry

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Welcome back. I hunted Gal. after Ike, didn't find much, just some clad a few of which were the new dollars, no jewelry. The beach has since been replinished with several feet of sand, so now it all about the dropped goodies from the summer beach goers.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
sqwaby said:
Welcome back. I hunted Gal. after Ike, didn't find much, just some clad a few of which were the new dollars, no jewelry. The beach has since been replinished with several feet of sand, so now it all about the dropped goodies from the summer beach goers.

Is that the sea wall i heard they dumped abunch of sand on it, Im wondering what sanlouis looks like

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Forgot your truck? What's up with that? That must of been one heck of a hunt, you guys didn't do any drinking, right? ha ha That was funny, just about as funny as the time when I went to Walmart and forgot where I parked my truck...couldn't find it then I remembered, I was in my wife's van.....Must of had a senior moment. HH

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
WOW! Those are some awesome finds!
Baggins

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas