where can i go to in the North Dallas area ?

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
i am new to this hobby, i did some metal detecting in my back yard yesterday and found about 20lbs of junk metal and a couple of coins but want to go to the park , is there any restrictions or are there any parks i should avoid?? will i get a ticket if i do some metal detecting in city parks?? i live in the North Dallas/Carrollton area .......

any advise is appreciated..

A.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the parks will have rules listed, so check those carefully. I went to a sports park in Carrollton and it said no digging. I took my detector to the tot lot and just kicked the chips with my foot, no digger, and found about $3. I think it is fine in Dallas as I have never had any trouble. I am always careful with the grassy areas as I don't want to tear up the turf for everyone and in the summer it can lead to dead, brown spots. I would suggest that you start at public school tot lots. Summer is a great time as there are no kids. I usually go out first thing in the morning or about 8 in the evening since it is so stinkin' hot out! I have not found any old coins in my first 8 months, but have found over $100 in clad. Cashed it in and bought a Garrett pinpointer! Good luck!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I am in Richardson, and have detected parks all over Dallas, and Plano without having any problems...if you go somewhere like lake Lavon, you will need to get a permit, but it is free and is good all year....Welcome aboard, and go get 'em....Feel free to hit me up sometime, and we can go hit a couple of places....
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread