im new to this place

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.......First read the instruction manual and practise in your own yard!!......Then try some local school yards......then some local parks.......ask any friends who own a an older home......do some research of your town and then ask for permission to hunt some of the older property/homes in your town!!.....Good Luck.......

OP
OP
C

clay14

Jun 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
BOUNTY HUNTER TRACKER IV
we have done the first things u mentioned but my grandma is not to happy about all the dirt spots in her yard :

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....WELL...........TO KEEP GRANDMA HAPPY.............water the area real good and then the grass plugs will not die.........do not cut a full circle or some cut a square but only cut 3 sides so you have one side left like a an hinge...............

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay14....I needed a smile today and your reply gave me one! Thanks a million. You will learn to dig smaller holes. There are a couple clubs in the Dallas/Grapevine are-Lone Star Treasure Club and the Cowtown Treasure Hunters Club are a couple up there...there are probably more....a club is the best place to get info and help when you first start out. Get in touch with them and I'm sure they will help you out....best of luck to you!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research, research, research, Clay. And get permission. Even though I believe Texas A&M is where the kids who can't get into OU go, Texas has one of the richest histories of any state in the union. And yeah, I'm 1/8th Texan. My son went to OU, but he also did a lot of research projects with Texas A&M. So I'm proud of Texas, and real sorry to hear about Beevo and that mad cow disease.

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
hey clay!
where are you at in Johnson county?
I was born in cleburne and graduated high school in grandview.
I have some leads, but have not detected. I live in japan now.
dave

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Clay,
You should check out that old road that cuts through from north to south......
4 or 5 miles south of Grandview. You can still see the high grade on many farmlands and woodlands.
Check out the junction of county road 409 and farm road 916.
There is a small creek and bridges on both roads there.
The lost cemetery 400 yards to the west and just off of 916 to the north is a clue.
You can see it from fm 916 (you could the last time i was there, five years ago).
The creek is still too far east, and you should be able to make out the old road in between it and the cemetery.
I heard It used to run from Austin to Ft. Worth.
Wish I was there to do it myself now that I have started detecting.
good luck
and USE GOOD SENSE!

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
RGINN said:
Research, research, research, Clay. And get permission. Even though I believe Texas A&M is where the kids who can't get into OU go, Texas has one of the richest histories of any state in the union. And yeah, I'm 1/8th Texan. My son went to OU, but he also did a lot of research projects with Texas A&M. So I'm proud of Texas, and real sorry to hear about Beevo and that mad cow disease.

Hey RG!
Nice post.
I would arm wrestle you but my arm hurts.
Go horns!

OP
OP
C

clay14

Jun 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
BOUNTY HUNTER TRACKER IV
do you know if we can hunt down there

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
hey Clay,
What I mean is this, you should be able to spot remnants of the old road on any number of properties, woodlands or pastures. I just tried to give you a general location of where I have seen it. It would run in a north south direction from that point. You might figure out a public place along that route, or talk to a land owner.
good luck.
ps-any park would be fun. Find the BIG trees!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread