learn from anyone...just ask

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I was talking to the guy who watches over the counties' dumpster at our location. He ensures everyone has the $1 sticker on their bag, before they drop it in the dumpster. No real glory here, but wait.
I asked him if he knew who I might talk to, about the history of the Keith Community, where we live.
He said that would be him. I told him I had done some research on the place and found there used to be a cotton gin and a store as well as other buildings. He told me his parents used to run that store. Well, HOT DAMN, I said!!!
Think I will have a convert very soon. Although nothing left of store, he said we could hunt the spot as he knows everyone around and can easily get permission. GREAT!! I told him I have a detector he can use (old BH, still works ok though). He told me his Mother had lost her wedding ring about a thousand years ago, but he knows about where. Said she was throwing old Canna stalks (the flower) over the fence one winter and her ring flew off throwing a batch of them. While both of his folks are long gone, he would be very happy to find her ring. I told him there was a very good chance we could recover it, since he pretty much knows where it happened.
So very soon we will be hitting this area, and who knows what else he will have to tell me.
I'm pumped!!!
Will keep ya'll informed.

HH,
BW

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
You never know how much you can research just by talking and being friendly. Good Luck in your search. Let us know how it turns out.
DB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread