Sometimes it really IS who you know...

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've been really busy working and not getting out much! Recently I spent a lot of time with some relatives from east Texas. Naturally metal detecting came up and one of my aunts popped up with 'well, old so and so has a lot of land that has about 5 really old houses on it. I'm sure it would be fine for you to metal detect there'... :o :o I couldn't believe my luck just to have that kind of a LEAD on that many hunting spots!! I still need to get final permission but it looks like I'll be keeping the road hot between Plano and the piney woods!

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Very true. A friend of mine grew up with a family that owns lots of land that has alot of historical value, this land is an old plantation that had a number of slave quarters and the land owners have never allowed anybody in there. Since he grew up with the family he says he will talk to them and see if he can get me in there. Hopefully he can. HH

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Elation and disappointment at the same time! I can go anytime but only by myself! I have a few buds here on t'net that I had planned to come with me. Welldang.

The site is all mid to late 1800's buildings. A large farm/ranch house, several sharecropper cabins, some outbuildings and a dog kennel. It's gonna take me awhile to cover all that ground! Bet you can guess where I'll start first though!

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
pyledriver said:
The site is all mid to late 1800's buildings. A large farm/ranch house, several sharecropper cabins, some outbuildings and a dog kennel. It's gonna take me awhile to cover all that ground! Bet you can guess where I'll start first though!
The dog kennel? :icon_pirat:

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Hunting bear and hog with dogs in East Texas was big business for some people back in the early days. Some hunting dogs were to valuable to just let roam so they were kenneled..

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I STILL haven't gotten out there yet.. Maybe next week or after the 1st of the year. I've been working too much and still can't catch up!

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
FINALLY got out there and hunted this place! Didn't find a single coin..TONS of trash. Even with my 6" DD coil and slow sweep speed it was just bouncing ID's. I dug a ton of cold cream jar lids..not sure what's up with THAT but they were buried in the yard all over the place. I found a cool old Girl Scout collapsible cup, some sort of lip balm tube, an old Coke can and some military buttons from a rotten old jacket that pretty much disintegrated when I touched it. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread