anyone detecting around pasadena or coldspring area?

laurabb

Dec 29, 2008
Houston area
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw II
ive had my detector since last christmas and have gone to quite a few places but have found nothing!! haha just trash....my bf goes with me but just stands around..i need someone who can buddy up with me or something! i dont know really where to go around here! im also shy so i wont go places by myself to metal detect lol or maybe point me out to the right direction! im about to buy a garrett gti 2500! anybody else have one? tell me if there worth it? i have now just a bounty hunter quick draw II...is this why i havent found anything? haha so anybody around pasadena,galveston,conroe,coldspring or just the houston area let me know! i need metal detecting friends! no one my age (23)gets into this stuff!

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I am not in your part of the state but I can give you a few tips. Playgrounds are good to hit and easy to dig targets in. If your house is an older one (built 1970 or before) I would hunt there first. I have a thing for large old trees but I have yet to find anything under one. If there are Fields around that area with stone walls around them ass the land owner if you can hunt them, there will almost always be a large old Live Oak or other tree either in the field or right near it. When the people were plowing the field they would rest there and often eat lunch as well, usually there is a silver spoon or fork around them some where. Old parks are good too. I have used a Quick Draw II and I did not like it as much as my 505, actually I found it quite annoying to use, I missed the all metal mode my 505 has. The Garrett is gonna be in a whole nother class. If you go Detect on the Beaches BE CAREFUL Technically the State of TEXAS owns all the beaches and everything on them and in the water as well as any land under water, there are certain beaches where I have seen people detecting in Corpus Christi but I know for a fact that the good areas where you can find Spanish coins are off limits and the ban is ENFORCED for them.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Laura, go see the guys at Alexander Enterprises on College St. between 45 and old Galveston Rd. They can point you in the right direction. You may consider a Garrett Ace 250, not nearly as expensive as an upper end machine, but is a great machine for learning, AND FINDING......
Galveston is very difficult this time of year. We just had a big beach hunt yesterday.
School yards, playgrounds, and parks should keep you busy, but not rich.....HA...
Keep reading the forums, and you will find your treasure. HH Gayle

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the 250 which is a great machine, and I have the 2500 that I use all the time. I love it. It takes a little getting use to it, but it is a great machine. If you will look u Kellyco on the net, and check out what they have you can find some great deals on them. No matter what you get be sure to play the cd they send with it. It will tell you a lot about the detector, and how it works. Have fun, and wish you the best. Happy hunting.....

Old River

TexasDeere

Jan 20, 2009
Spring, TX
There is a park in SE Houston near the Pasadena boundary that I like to visit every few weeks. I mostly go on late afternoons and Saturday mornings. I have seen some other posters that are from the Pasadena and South Houston areas that might hunt your neck of the woods more. If interested, I will let you know next time I plan to hunt that area. Like the other poster's suggestions, try hitting the woodchip areas since finds come easy there and it gives you a better feel for your machine.

byron (tx)

Greenie
Feb 28, 2005
Hey Laura:

Yeah there are a few 20 something hunters around the Houston area in the Tomball and Montgomery County clubs, and the west side of Houston. Post on www.dirtjournal.com , has a lot of info on hunting this area. I've been hunting in Pasadena for a long time. Hunted a few times in Coldspring, only found a few pennies at the old burned down high school site.

TREASURE HUNTER'S ASSOCIATION OF PASADENA
City: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena Moose Lodge 3919 Pansy St, Pasadena, TX 77505
Comments: Meetings held monthly at 7:00 pm on the first Monday

e-mail Pat Lynch at: [email protected]

---------------------------
Houston club HARC next meeting, next one is Monday Nov. 9 6:30 at Jax Grill on Sheperd, off of I-10.

Happy Hunting!

Byron Whitaker

HARC president
TCTC VP
[email protected]
www.texascouncil.net

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions