Private Property

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Recently I found an old house from around the early 1900s' which was empty and overgrown with grass and weeds. Did a search on the appraisal district site and found who owned the property. The owner had passed so I contacted the daughter who lives in California, we had a chat and told her what I was after. She told me that her dad had lost his WWII dogtags in the yard and if I found them she would like to have them, of course I said yes. Then she told me her dad had willed the property to The Salvation Army which was based in Dallas, Tx. I contacted the person in charge and explained what had taken place. I also said that if given permission I would clean up the place, cut the grass/weeds and removed all the debris. She said it would be brought up at the next board meeting. She sent me an email yesterday and said the board members had denied my request. I replied that was fine but that the board members needed to get the place cleaned up or the city would do it for them and charge them. I don't know what it would of hurt to hunt this old run down place and maybe return a set of old dogtags to the man's daughter. Some of my friends say to just go in there, cut the grass and hunt but I am not one for trespassing, not worth the embarrassment. Thanks for letting me vent some. I am also one of those guys like many of you that always puts money in the Salvation Army's kettle when they are standing outside WalMart here in Angleton, TX. HH John

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
It's always like this... "Can I hunt your property and potentially find valuables?" And there response is, "No, I want those valuables".

It's greed. Greed that drives us all.

...there's gold in them thar hills.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holler at me, we will go anyway..No one in Angelton is gonna care...lol............

TXcoindigger

Dec 29, 2008
Maybe you could just hunt the ditch in front of the property :icon_thumright:
Let me know if you need some supervision I can help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread