Calvert Texas sight

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I have recently gained permmission to hunt a sight in Calvert Texas not a stones throw from Virgina Park (currently off limits) I am spliting the finds with the owner who has the property 4 sale, I would welcome some company but must understand there is a gentelmans agreement here he pretty much gets the relics we get the coins. It is about 2 acres and will take some time, it is surronded by bed and breakfasts and has civil war troop encampment history. If any one is intrested please contact me I will be starting this weekend.

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
We have found some relics, some clad and some wheats but no silver the
4 top relics have been a dated phonagraph part 1905, a 10 quage shot shell, a pocket watch (in pieces) and a old decorative box looks early 1900 or b-4. still workin it bettwen other sights.

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Sounds like an awesome spot. I have no problem sharing finds if you need another person to help cover the ground. I can PM you my contact info if needed.

Rich

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Finally hit silver at the Calvert house--2 nickles, 1943 s and, 1945 d Also MY FIRST IH Penny. some clad, brass, and iorn relics

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Sight Now Closed! Please dont go unless you personnaly contact the owner Thank you. T.C.

oldlefty

Jan 27, 2007
[ive hunted calvert for 40 years my ny fathers family was from there if you want a good contact it will be the cooper weis family, im sure mr cooper is dead now however he owned most of calvert and was a very nice man to me ever since i was a kid.i know alot of history about the town sid pierce

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Hi, yes Mr Wiese has passed. My buddy actually bought one of there old places out by Jones Prarie and found a few things there, I live about a mile from there and 9 miles from Calvert, If you still know of some sights and can make the trip I would be glad to show you some of mine, The most coveted and off limits spot is Sterling community (original town sight) Please tell me you have a contact there?? Albert Patty

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Calvert is actually north of Bryan collegstation about 25 miles, there ought to be some great old sights to hunt in Rockport. I posted all my pics on another thread sorry,

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
TEXAN Connection said:
Calvert is actually north of Bryan collegstation about 25 miles, there ought to be some great old sights to hunt in Rockport. I posted all my pics on another thread sorry,
A FEW GOOD PLACES BUT I HUNT INDIAN ARTIFACTS AND MAYBE ONE OR TWICE A YEAR CRAWL AROUND THE BRUSH IN OLD ST MARYS WHICH IS BAYSIDE TX NOW.

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
There is a sight across from Mother Neff State park you can pay to dig arrowheads and other Indian Relics, I have heard good things about it, but havent been there yet.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
TEXAN Connection said:
There is a sight across from Mother Neff State park you can pay to dig arrowheads and other Indian Relics, I have heard good things about it, but havent been there yet.
how could i get more info?thank you very much

Attachments

• DSC03233.JPG
    DSC03233.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,002
OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Call Mother Neff state park and they might be able to give you some info on it, that # is 254 853 2389

HHg in Austin

Greenie
Aug 21, 2007
Out of curiosity...how did you do in Calvert ?? I've hunted for years in the area and have found some wonderful stuff. The area near the Brazos is rich in history !

Later !

HHg in Austin

scotvs capitis

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2008
Friendswood, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, Shadow X5
TEXAN Connection,

Got a buddy who's a native there in Calvert, he kicked up a civil war revolver on his property (probably from the garrisoned Union troops post war), we're looking to do some poking around at that place. We hit it once but the areas we really needed to get were flooded and we'll need to clear off iron trash.

If we get back out there, would be nice to say hello and have you along.

Your Calvert store stories have me jealous, I told my buddy "let me know what the deal with all those stores is, when they start renovating, we need to be there", glad you got there and are doing it right, what a great opportunity!

Happy hunting!

Scott

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Id love to come along. Thanks I go somwhere local pretty much everyweekend

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
scotvs capitis said:
TEXAN Connection,

Got a buddy who's a native there in Calvert, he kicked up a civil war revolver on his property (probably from the garrisoned Union troops post war), we're looking to do some poking around at that place. We hit it once but the areas we really needed to get were flooded and we'll need to clear off iron trash.

If we get back out there, would be nice to say hello and have you along.

Your Calvert store stories have me jealous, I told my buddy "let me know what the deal with all those stores is, when they start renovating, we need to be there", glad you got there and are doing it right, what a great opportunity!

Happy hunting!

Scott

Hey, if ya'll will take any "additional" company, I'm certainly game! I"m not too far from there...certainly not far enough not to travel there. Let m know...I'd certainly understand if you can only take TC.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions