Texan Roll Call!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lake Jackson - Freeport area.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

Silky T

Oct 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say all of us post our current locations so we know who to be looking over our shoulder for (joke!) while out detecting now that cooler weather is just around the corner... Any one care to partake?

Hill Country, here.

Hi from Houston. I just registered and haven't a clue how to find "ground balancing" help with my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202. I also understand that I am to post an introductory thread but i don't see where you "start new thread". One Texan to another, can you help me get started? I can't seem to locate a club here in Houston and it's probably because the ground's top layer is concrete and after that is hard-packed clay, making it nearly impossible to dig. You being in the hill country, you also have a lot of "concrete" ground to dig, right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy,

As far as clubs go - give this link a look, perhaps you will find a group that is actually operational and suits your style. I noticed that both Conroe and Tomball have an organization listed:

http://m.tamdc.org/Member-Clubs.html

I apologize for the generalized info, where i hunt i have actually never even seen another detectorists that i can remember, let alone a club!

Is it possible that your BH machine doesn't allow manual ground balancing...? I have never used any of the BH offerings, but i'd bet your machine automatically GB's and you are only afforded the adjustment offered via the sensitivity switch/button...?

I am sympathetic to your hard packed dirt blues!

Anyways, hope that you could find something of use here...

Good luck, and rest assured that someone else more familiar with BH machines will surely chime in shortly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Komzoom

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2016
CedarPark.Tx
Detector(s) used
MMK, C.Scope 4PI, pin
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silky T
The instructions to your detector is said that the ground balance automatically. I think he just fixed as in АСЕ 150/200/250/..... - 400

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Danny in Shepherd, Texas.. hunting from Shepherd to Galveston mostly.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lake Jackson area - Brazoria County!

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread