Texan Roll Call!

Diggin Newbie

Mar 15, 2014
New Braunfels, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
New Braunfels, TX here. Comal County. Very new to metal detecting.
Not very many other ladies on here, huh?! Maybe I'll start a new trend!
Anyone reasonably close by care to show me the ropes in the Central Texas Hill Country?
I would like to learn to be a successful "finder" so I can pass the love of this on to my two little boys.

loneTXhuntet

Mar 20, 2014
Texas, all over
Detector(s) used
The Etrac and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Titus County...Mount Pleasant specifically...Looking for an experienced partner I can "go to school" on. Just received my AT pro and am itching to get out and put it to use. Even though I don't particularly like to, I go by myself from time to time. But we have so many feral hogs around here I'm almost forced to carry a pistol and I'd rather not if I can help it. I know I ain't got nothin' by TH Kit that'll stop them. It sometimes gets a little scary near the end of the day and you start seeing signs of them and can hear rustling in the bushes. I'm also looking for any pointers anyone can offer. So hit me up if you're looking to hunt and can't find a companion. "Have Detector-Will Travel"

I live in mount pleasant as well. Don't have any places to go though.

loneTXhuntet

Mar 20, 2014
Texas, all over
Detector(s) used
The Etrac and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Mount Pleasant Texas (Titus County), travel to Victoria Texas for work, stay there 9-24 days then go home. Would love to have a place to go other than the parks.

WedgedPainter8

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mineral Wells, Texas here,(Palo Pinto County) Just ordered my first detector yesterday,(AT Pro) and can hardly wait till it arrives so I can start finding stuff.

WedgedPainter8

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice to meet you joseph289. after I learn the bells and whistles of my detector I will probably be starting up at Possum Kingdom Lake. Water level is about 14ft low there so it should be some good hunting. Your welcome to join in if you want.

JJT

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2014
Rockwall
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from the Rockwall area just east of Dallas. Anyone near??

NTX Hunter

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2014
Richardson Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New guy with the AT Pro checking in from Dallas (Richardson):thumbsup:

Rockwall yup, pretty much up the street.

JJT

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2014
Rockwall
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New guy with the AT Pro checking in from Dallas (Richardson):thumbsup: Rockwall yup, pretty much up the street.
Yes it is, are there any clubs around this area? I'm still a noob and looking for good places to dig.

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is, are there any clubs around this area? I'm still a noob and looking for good places to dig.

Yes, the East Fork Treasure Hunter's Association meets close by in Garland. The monthly meeting is next Thursday. Here is a link to the website:

http://www.eftha.com/index.html

It's a very nice club, and membership is only $15/year. Hope to see you there.

lowd

Feb 9, 2013
From the Austin area but just moved to north Dallas (Frisco) so I'm a newb to the area and would live some good spots to search if anyone knows of any!

loneTXhuntet

Mar 20, 2014
Texas, all over
Detector(s) used
The Etrac and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From Corpus Christi area. Just bought my first metal detector. Now, trying to figure out where I can use it.
you can use it at the beach, just not on the national seashore. City parks, private homes by knocking on the door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread