vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Neat talking with Jesses great grand daughter Sallysue. Thanks for sharing...

crbub

Jun 23, 2013
Panola County, Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know that is really neat talking to her. That is what makes this hobby great,the history you find and the people you meet and talk with in the course of detecting!

OP
OP
S

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It got me pretty excited I even got one of her books now .

SDD74

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grand father told me he use to hide out at our family ranch. My great grand dad was a Texas Ranger back in the day. The old ranch is still in our family. There is a lot of history in that old house. It is located out side of Marlin Tx. I don't know how true the story is. Kinda hard to believe

OP
OP
S

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bell Falls area and thats close to Marlin. Might be something to it you never know

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lived in Texas from 1942 until 2007. According to the family history, when my grandfather and grandmother were in Missouri, Jesse and Frank used stop by and eat with them. They always left a silver dollar under their plates. The story goes that because they were friends with Jesse and Frank (and some other members of the gang), the law and others made it unpleasant for them and they moved near Alvarado, Texas. I don't know the dates, but my dad was next to oldest of the children. He was born in September, 1909. When I have a little time, I love to read about these old stories that was someway tied to my family or the area where I grew up (Hillsboro/Waco area) and the other central Texas areas. Sallysue, I read another article that you posted a while back (can't think what it was now); really enjoyed it. Pardon the old age memory loss but I will check out the 'Jesse James Death's Hoax and Buried Treasure' site. Thanks. I appreciate any and all stories about the 'old days'!!

OP
OP
S

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into an older man that had old clipping from the paper about bonnie and clydet . He also had a hand written letter that clyde wrote

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse Woodson James was living about 10 miles outside of Brownwood in rural central Texas in November, 1879. Here is the letter to the editor of a Missouri newspaper which documents it. James's letter is in the first column.

The Sedalia weekly bazoo. (Sedalia, Mo.) 187?-1904, November 18, 1879, Image 4 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery - Our Yahoo group where we've been studying Bill Anderson and Jesse James since 2006.

~Texas Jay

OP
OP
S

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorta neat to just think about that ole stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread