Galveston metal detecting

KatPollock

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I just joined this group. I have been beachcombing in Galveston Island for many years but I am a novice metal detector. I would love to know what people in Galveston are finding. I'd also like to know more about the sport in general. What is the best metal detector for a novice? I am in the process of writing a book about my beachcombing finds. If you are from the Galveston area, you may remember my beachcombing column in the Galveston County Daily News and the Islander Magazine. I want to include a chapter about metal detecting but I need more information. If anyone would like to help please contact me. My email is [email protected] or contact me through this forum. Thanks for any help you might have!!
Happy beachcombing!!
Kat

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kat, there are a lot people that detect the Galveston beaches. Rings, earrings, bracelets, watches, pull tabs, coins and bottle caps are commonly found. You can contact me and I can put you in touch with a couple of local detectorists there. There is actually a Galveston Island Treasure club that meets every month down there.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How goes the book.???...I worked for the Galveston Daily News, and The Texas City Sun for 21 years....I do remember your Column.....

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a fella named Norm G., passed away in the late 90's I think, who wrote numerous articles about metal detecting on Galveston. Great information about tides, cuts, we and dry sand, etc.. Wayne of MDS probably has a handle on who Norm G was and where one could locate the articles.

cowboy7450

Jun 17, 2014
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tek. Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I been getting some coins of the beach and alot of beer cans. I use to live in one of the old historic homes there that was built in 1867. But moved out before i start metal detecting would love to hunt around the house there. But do alot on Steawrt Beach have not been much theis year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions