TraceyS

Greenie
Jan 9, 2014
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a Forester for the 3rd largestprivately held timber company in the USA. Been managing timber for over 20 years. Did a two year stint in Victoria Australia, which was an amazing experience...saw my fair share of Koalas and Kangaroos! I have no complaints about the career path I chose. Its presented me with great opportunities and everyday is different.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I'm retired now but I've worn many hats, all of them greasy... Heavy equipment field mechanic, owned a gas station/repair garage, managed a salvage yard, built racecars & hot rods, service manager at a used car dealership, & aircraft mechanic in the Air Force & had a British motorcycle shop specializing in vintage Triumphs for a little while until I realized there aren't enough of them left to make a full time living of it. Now I just tinker in my shop on my own projects and talk crap on da innanet.. Thinking about going to school to be a Walmart greeter.

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive an 18-wheeler, hauling saltwater in the Barnet shale area in and around Fort Worth. Been doing this type of job for 7+ years. It sucks but it pays the bills and leaves a little extra to find my MD habit lol.

Proud to be a Texan!

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correction Officer in a maximum security prison here in new york going on my 7th year.

TraceyS

Greenie
Jan 9, 2014
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a cool thread! There are some really interesting folks out there!

bci101tractors

Jan 10, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tracey, your amazing...
I manage a zinc die casting tool shop, beekeeping/ farming as well. Been doing that for about 15 years...fascinating work...lol.
I'm a Forester for the 3rd largestprivately held timber company in the USA. Been managing timber for over 20 years. Did a two year stint in Victoria Australia, which was an amazing experience...saw my fair share of Koalas and Kangaroos! I have no complaints about the career path I chose. Its presented me with great opportunities and everyday is different.

#48Fan

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now, I take care of the wife and the property. I worked most of my life in the restaurant industry. Other than that, I drove a fork lift for a while and drove OTR for a few. I do a little bit in the stock market now and I hit the occasional storage auction. But mostly, I take care of my wife and do what we want to do.

What I really want to do is find some hidden treasures or some diamonds. Problem is, I have no fookin clue what the fook I'm doing lmao... Someone, please help me and show me the ropes... I'll do the digging!!!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a service technician for Raymond forklifts. Been with them 17 years. Cant miss our vans scooting around Texas. Big in DFW

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hmm.. We used Raymond lifts in our warehouse. I think everything was through Malin if I remember correctly. Maybe I annoyed you while doing a battery change one day! Lol, those things are HUGE!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm.. We used Raymond lifts in our warehouse. I think everything was through Malin if I remember correctly. Maybe I annoyed you while doing a battery change one day! Lol, those things are HUGE!

That's us. Don't drop one of those batteries. LOL I'm mostly in Garland

ilzho

Feb 28, 2014
Grand Prairie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Work as a Quality Assurance gemologist. Studied diamonds and gems most of my life.

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently work as CNC programmer and machine giant nuts and bolts. It pays the bills and supports my addiction of metal detecting. I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, and the ground has been frozen this winter, and I am itching to do some detecting with my ctx3030. Can't wait for spring, I want to find 1,427 gold coins too. But I wouldn't make the mistake of telling anyone about it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lol! Recently I read a post on another forum about where a person would be most likely to find a gold coin. Very interesting indeed! California looked pretty high on the list, but that sort of stuff could literally be anywhere. That's why our treasure hunting doesn't start and stop with an 'on' button! ALWAYS be on the lookout...

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wellllll, years ago I was a body double for arnold in the movies. During that time on the side, I invented things. Cell phones, satellites, laptops, stuff like that. I got tired of the precision of that and began a career of shaving supermodels legs and doing misting for photo shoots. Nowadays I just play around being an interweb celebrity

Glad you didn't say you invented the Internet! I did that! My real name is Al.....

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I worked most of my life as a gold assayer and refiner. When most of the large mines in Arizona shut down, I didn't want to go back to Nevada so I worked as an automation instrumentation technician for a number of years until retirement. Now I sit under banana trees in the tropical breeze drinking good Nicaraguan rum and ogling lots of Catrachas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions