What does everybody do for a living?

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know we're a diverse crowd because I've met a bunch of the North Dallas people. Still I know there are many others that have very interesting backgrounds and careers that I may never get to meet! As for me I worked for Hewlett-Packard for 24 years, ten of which I ran a part time landscaping business. I took an early retirement package a couple years ago, and started a landscaping and decorative concrete stamping business.

I do stuff like this every day, and I will say it's a whole lot more fun than that office used to be.

image-3308379515.jpg

TheInspector

Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore.....
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am API certified pressure vessel and pressure piping inspector. I do internal and external inspections of the big tall towers and all the other things you see as you drive past a refinery or chemical plant. At times I work crazy hours (7/12's for a couple of months at a time) but I really do enjoy the work. Friday #1 024 (539x640).jpg

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually had a job for 34 years, then I went to retirement full time. Flew as a crewman in P5M's in the early '60's in the Navy, did a short stint working on an oil rig in west Texas, worked for 3 years in a Potash Mine near Carlsbad NM., then got hired as an air traffic controller. Managed to keep that for 34 years and retired in 2002. Been a Director in a Water District for 30 years this year, and have been fortunate to have remained married to the love of my life for almost 50 years. So now all I do is fish, metal detect, do water board business and have a great time!!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wellllll, years ago I was a body double for arnold in the movies. During that time on the side, I invented things. Cell phones, satellites, laptops, stuff like that.
I got tired of the precision of that and began a career of shaving supermodels legs and doing misting for photo shoots. Nowadays I just play around being an interweb celebrity

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lol..

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
wellllll, years ago I was a body double for arnold in the movies. During that time on the side, I invented things. Cell phones, satellites, laptops, stuff like that.
I got tired of the precision of that and began a career of shaving supermodels legs and doing misting for photo shoots. Nowadays I just play around being an interweb celebrity

Can I have a job so I can worship at your feet?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Adjunct professor of U.S. History with the Alamo Colleges here in San Antonio. Retired teacher, did the college gig for a decade too, retired from that, but went to visit last summer, got put back to work. Love it. Spent my off time traveling in europe, playing golf and detecting.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I didn't know Al Gore was a member here.
Bill

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know we're a diverse crowd because I've met a bunch of the North Dallas people. Still I know there are many others that have very interesting backgrounds and careers that I may never get to meet! As for me I worked for Hewlett-Packard for 24 years, ten of which I ran a part time landscaping business. I took an early retirement package a couple years ago, and started a landscaping and decorative concrete stamping business.

I do stuff like this every day, and I will say it's a whole lot more fun than that office used to be.

View attachment 928577

PyleDriver, that is some nice work you do. If you were in Spring TX, I'd be looking you up!

Wayne

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Adjunct professor of U.S. History with the Alamo Colleges here in San Antonio. Retired teacher, did the college gig for a decade too, retired from that, but went to visit last summer, got put back to work. Love it. Spent my off time traveling in europe, playing golf and detecting.

WOWZERS!! I had no idea you are such a brainiac (note to self: do not post historical data in front of Austin)

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a produce lead at a HEB grocery store here in Austin,TX. I've work there for 18 years now and love it.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I LOVE produce ( what is it?)

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worked for 3 years in a Potash Mine near Carlsbad NM

Any fossils??!

I was a crypto analyst in the Army; got out and finished my degree in Electronics and was involved in programming industrial computers for about 12 years, during which time I was also responsible for dealing with the whole gamut of issues (mechanical, electrical, and electronic) in Industrial Maintenance. Now I have a low-paying, but cushy, state job in a completely different discipline.
Thinking I will make my fortune in playing the lottery, tho..... redneck retirement plan, and all that

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer & Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if I make till April that makes 20Yrs turning wrenches last 2 years or so been doing the maintenance superintendent thing giving my busted knuckles a rest

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a produce lead at a HEB grocery store here in Austin,TX. I've work there for 18 years now and love it.

I was a Partner about 45 years ago. Working for HEB is a great job. Much worse out there. Had a friend in college that worked for HEB. He wanted to work his way up, then go to law school and be an HEB lawyer. Decided to go to work as a San Antonio cop. He was shot to death on the streets of downtown San Antonio in the late 80's. Left a wife and kids. He should have stayed at HEB. He loved it. I never knew why he left.

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My degree is in Architecture, but now Im just a meeting planner for an AV company

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh HEB.

My wife works for Best Maid foods and has been dealing ALOT with HEB in the last couple years....they are almost as bad as walmart...JOKING!!!!!!!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 928577

If you ever have any CAD Needs...let me know..Im close and have a background in Landscape Arch. I used to design alot of Swimming Poll areas ,Landscapes and Hardscapes :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread