Any Active DFW Hunters?

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Plano. Get out just about every weekend. Good luck hunting !

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Denton county as well. What kind of stuff you interested in? Relics, old coins, jewelry etc?

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Hurst. Ready to hit some new and interesting sites. Let me know!

OP
OP
S

Smaug

Feb 12, 2014
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 / Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for a group or someone to join on a hunt. I'm fairly new to the hobby and would like to gain more knowledge from more experienced detectors. PM me if anyone wouldn't mind if i can join on a weekend hunt. At this point, I am interested in all hunts.(Relics,Coins,Jewelry)

joseph289

Mar 5, 2014
fort worth
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
west fort worth. Looking for a buddy as well. I can go to club meeting due to me working overnights

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the Arlington / Mansfield area and would love to meet up with any and all for weekend hunts. I am a newbie and waiting for the delivery of my first MD since I was a kid in the 60's.
Plan on hitting the historical society this weekend to get pointed in the right direction.

NTX Hunter

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2014
Richardson Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From Richardson

Checking in from Richardson looking to hook up with experienced hunters around Collin County/Dallas on the weekends,the new ATP needs to get to work!

Post or message me with where ya'll are heading to.:thumbsup:

Shawks18

Apr 5, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Joseph, I pretty new to detecting but I am located in west Fort Worth as well. Been going out every weekend since I took up detecting! I'm always looking for someone to hunt with! Let me know if you ever want to go on a hunt!

HH!

Shawks18

Apr 5, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
west fort worth. Looking for a buddy as well. I can go to club meeting due to me working overnights

Hey Joseph, I pretty new to detecting but I am located in west Fort Worth as well. Been going out every weekend since I took up detecting! I'm always looking for someone to hunt with! Let me know if you ever want to go on a hunt!

HH!

TxVideoGuy

Apr 13, 2014
Mesquite TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Mesquite and have my first detector and would like to go out with someone or a group.

joseph289

Mar 5, 2014
fort worth
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I went this morning. I off Sundays and Monday nights. Sat boring I can go a few hours

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Guys,
Enough, Lets get together. I have been doing a lot of research into the Cold Springs area and would enjoy the company of others to search out this area. I believe that I have a 50/50 chance of hitting the target. It has been the discussion of many historians over the years but I want to check my needle in the haystack. Anyone game?

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I may be interested depending on where and when. I'm not familiar with Cold Springs but will research. I have a two box and if that's over the top, my T2 has a very capable cache mode. If water is involved I have an AT Pro and a kayak...

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
All I can find online refers to San Jacinto county? If so, I won't have time for that adventure-sorry!

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold Springs is located in Ft. Worth. The actual location has been lost through the later years, post 1949 and many have been trying to find it. I think I might have a good idea and am going to start ground searches later today. (It's 3AM Now) If I can just find evidence of civil war activity I should be on spot. Many of the local old timers remember the springs but not it's exact location.
The search begins!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold Springs is located in Ft. Worth. The actual location has been lost through the later years, post 1949 and many have been trying to find it. I think I might have a good idea and am going to start ground searches later today. (It's 3AM Now) If I can just find evidence of civil war activity I should be on spot. Many of the local old timers remember the springs but not it's exact location.
The search begins!

Im always down for a Challenge.

If you are interested in meeting up Ron, PM me and let me know

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well that's do-able depending on schedule. PM me when you think you want help and I'll see what I can work out time-wise.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Appears that the site may have been heavily altered by dumps, levees and gravel pits... Unless you have a line on a clean location? Keep us posted!

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it has. The levee system also changed the flow of the Trinity. It sounds like you did a quick search but if you dig deeper and look at all the subtle clues and using landmarks that are still there and not moved in over 100 years you can begin to picture what it would have been like 150 years ago. Cold Springs road itself has been re-routed from the early days. The spring itself is probably dried up or under ground flowing into the river.
It will be a challenge to locate and recover evidence of the lost springs but that is one of the main reasons I got into this hobby is to learn more about our history and have stories to pass on to my grand kids and God willing greatgrand kids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread