Lazy deadbeat people no response to search 1890 property

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger there is no need to insult members. You might have got more response if you posted in general forum since there is a lot more traffic, many members dont check the individual states...

VernonWalter

Apr 23, 2014
Tejas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try any New Mexico folk? Seriously asking, as El Paso is technically Texas but to drive there from DFW would be equal to driving North and getting pretty close to Omaha, Nebraska. Good luck though, watch out for Los Zetas.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
El Paso city-eee. By the Rio Grande-aaaee.

Just to far out of range from me but sounds great. Good luck.

Last edited:

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jolly this is the first time I've seen your message and that's cause I looked into the reign section. Hit me up and we can set out a day to hunt

Texas Yankee

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Posted in march looking for help to search 1890 property in el paso with no response.
All I can say is y'all suck! I'll get help from Fisher!

imagine that! and you seem such a lovely person!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It's 550 miles from here to there, my truck's needs work and I just survived cancer. Besides that Club Panama ain't safe anymore, Chelly would be about 55 or so now, I still have a bar bill in Juarez and well, it's summer there too. Maybe next year...

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lazy and deadbeat? Nobody owes you anything and after all, this is a hobby for 99.9% of the people on this board. You seemed nice when we talked, and I'm hoping maybe you're being funny with us. Still, most people don't travel awful far due to expenses and time. I think what you need is a partner. If I remember right, there was something worth finding at stake, but ownership issues prevent any share of the spoils? If you want somebody to share expenses, you have to expect they'll be interested in sharing a return. I'm unashamedly a greedy treasure hunter in that I want to see a return. I'm a generous treasure hunter in that I feel a treasure isn't any fun if it can't be shared. Nor is the quest enjoyable alone.

Having said all that, El Paso is too far for me to go this time of year. If I'm lucky and can save enough money for winter, I'll have time for adventures. However, which adventures will still be ruled by potential return, how much fun the quest will be, and even how many/who might go with me. The field of potential players is super small!

It's frustrating trying to find a person who thinks the same as you do-but don't let it get to you! Keep plugging away.

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice said pyledriver, I'm actually in El Paso and am willing to hunt but I'm a little skeptical with someone with an attitude. I'll hunt for the fun and don't care much about the find just a little recognition is all I ask for.

Keep it real and HHS
Texas Yankee

bungyboy

Aug 22, 2014
Southeast of Disorder
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was flying from Houston to LA and we'd been in the air for something like three months and I looked down in this godforsaken nothingness and there was a town. I called the flight attendant and asked her what town that was and she replied "El Paso". I decided I would never go there.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Its all about perspective. Town club pop is cheaper across the bridge. I heard tales from a guy from there of his mother seeing riders chasing each other while shooting. The mountain view is there too.
And of course another guys opinion looking down from the sky.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger Blue

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been off TN for a while. I was trying to get help searching this property of which I was the owner. Didn't get any responses till after it was sold. Many people put down this town but it's actually the has the oldest towns in the US! Older than the east coast. Spaniards came through the El Paso area in the 1500 - 1600's. Searched many areas with no luck but back then had a Garrett that would go 6" at best.

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where was the property?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt El Paso every chance I get. Im happy with the hunts there. It is a old town. The people and food are great. The weather is awesome for a old man like me. Texas Yankee can hunt, and has the spots as I was invited by a mutual friend to a few hunts with him. Texas is like a machine, I dont think he lets his coil set still for very long at all. I watched him go off down a trail one time a Chance mine, out in the middle of the desert and he just kept going. Thought the heat got to him and I was gonna have to go after him. Yes fun hunts indeed. My wife and I have family in El Paso, I hit Album park every time I go. What a fun hunt. But you have to understand cities here are about 60 miles apart on purpose. Far and few between. Not for everyone. There is also not many folks on this site from El Paso that could help you. Sorry to hear you missed out on a hunt.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger Blue

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off north loop. I still have access to it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread