Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dallas

Texas Treasure Hunting concept
Hello,

My name is Steven Streitfeld, and I work for a production company here in North Dallas. We produce reality programs for cable channels, and lately we have been looking for people who are hunting for treasures in Texas. Recently I came across this site, and I have noticed your username multiple times. Given your proximity to us I figured, I would contact you. From what I have read of your posts you clearly have a passion for hunting treasure, and I wonder if you could tell me a little about it (when it started, your motivation, your favorite find)?

If you have time and would like to talk to us, I would be happy to get you in touch with our producer who is in charge of the project. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
-Steven

I think its a scam . I don't post a lot for starters.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think it is a scam, we have had several production companies contact members over the years.

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That PM is a bit questionable for sure. Since this sub-forum doesn't get much traffic I think I would re-post your question in the General Discussion forum. Maybe some more Dallas area members will see it.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there is a guy up in our area with that name that works for broadcasting company, I saw his linkedIn.

whats wild is there is also a guy with that name that works in Collections for Wells Fargo..lol...You dont owe them any money do you? :)

TwistedElvis

Aug 4, 2014
Sunny San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minilab CTX 3030 / Excalibur II 1000 / Tesoro Sand Shark / Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think it is a scam, Cant hurt to call and find out more and if they are a legit operation everything will be paid for!

I also work in the movie industry and have seen stuff like this before. Its not out of the norm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no time even if its legit

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Not a scam, But if Not interested ,
No harm No Foul anyway.

Ignore Or respond with a No Thank you :dontknow:

of course,
If you ask them not to contact you any more & they become a problem
Report the future PM's

Last edited:

VernonWalter

Apr 23, 2014
Tejas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds standard language to get in touch, I'd say not a scam either. Pretty much the type of letter I'd write if I was in that position (have done film work in the past in front and behind the camera). Thanks for sharing, hopefully the show is a good one, but I guess that does depend on the kinds of people they are able to work with!

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I got it. I don't think its a scam-I've seen some of these kinds of requests come through on hunting forums, especially for hog hunting.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks likes a project he is doing for school or something...hell, i wish he PM'd me..lol

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanna do it. I've been after the rarest treasure in all of Texas. A rich, beautiful nymphomaniac. Thought I was hot on the trail a couple of times, but alas, it just didn't work out. I turned 66 and its time to settle down and get married. Maybe this show will help...

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Never fear Austin! There is help... It's called winning the lotto! I guarantee you can find the woman of your dreams that will fit into at least two of those categories. Gotta play to win...

OP
OP
P

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks likes a project he is doing for school or something...hell, i wish he PM'd me..lol

If you want to hit him up go for it. I can forward info. For you or anybody

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread