MD hunters in east Tx

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I have researched some places in that area. Just haven't had the time get out your way. I will give you a shout when I am headed that way and maybe get together.

HH

GPAZ

Oct 24, 2006
Roby, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I am in Nacogdoches. I just recently returened from Germany and I'm really ready to start hunting again. I haven't gotten a chance to really scout anything out here yet.

GPAZ

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Mornin' yall. My wife and I bought some property southeast of Center. We hope to move there in the next year. I am going to visit with my neighbor when I come down next time, ( he is a county commish) and find out if there is any old home steads etc that may need to be visited. If I find anything out I will give yall a heads up here and maybe we can all get together and have an MD outing. TMAN...

ModernDayWarrior

Nov 29, 2005
Palestine Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in Anderson County and would like to come along with you. I've hunted around Center before, there's lots of history over that way.

Warrior

oldlefty

Jan 27, 2007
i live in nacogdoches and have since the 60s. i know the area as good as anyone you will ever meet. oldlefty

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
My father has about 20 acres in Nacogdoches that I am going to go check out soon. It is on an old homestead of my great-grandfathers around the 1850's. May be some good finds there. The old house was torn down, but can probably still be located. There is also a HUGE tree on the front property. My nephew (Shaw) and I are going to go check it out. We'll let you all know.

sshields72

Aug 8, 2013
Nacogdoches
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in Nac, would love to hunt with someone. Still fairly new to MD, would like to observe and learn. I saw an old tramway in the late 90s on Woden backroads, old depot rumored to be back in the woods. You could see what was left of huge support beams sticking out of the river where the tram went over. So I was told ;) I'm wondering if it was the Frost tramway - would love to find that depot and hunt around there. Anyone heard of such?

gfordtx

Jul 16, 2013
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 + Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey fellow East Texans...

The name is Gary and I live in Tyler...
I would like to form a group that metal detects here in East Texas on days off working places they know.
PM me in the site, and feel free to friend me and lets hunt.

Later All..

kristof.wanderer

Mar 23, 2014
Nacogdoches Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Nacogdoches and have been looking for someone to hunt with. I have "my places" to hunt, but its be more fun to have someone else to hunt with! Give me a shout and we can meet up

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions