All Treasure Hunting

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
The last time I was there 3 years ago at Nueces County Park in Port Aransa its OK and Padre Balli Park its OK. Mustang Island Park NO NO, Padre Island National sea shore south of Malaquite Beach NO NO, Just ask any of the park ranger stations to be sure.

ecastro111

Oct 23, 2006
Rio Grande Valley
Detector(s) used
Garret Infinium/Fisher CZ7a
Hi Fellas,

You can MD all along the coast from Brazo Santiago Pass to Port Mansfield Cut (South Padre Island) but the dunes are a big NO, NO. There National Wildlife Refuge signs along the dune area. Good luck and don't forget to post your finds no matter what it is.

Later Days,
Ernie

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
What about the beaches not far from Brownsville? I'm heading there in July and want to do some detecting.
I am not familiar with the beach names so if this has already been answered please let me know.

ecastro111

Oct 23, 2006
Rio Grande Valley
Detector(s) used
Garret Infinium/Fisher CZ7a
:D Hi,

The beach at Brownsville is fair game, but some areas on and behind the dunes is a state park. Good luck and post your finds no matter what you find. ;D

Later Days,
Ernie

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
hadite81 said:
I know that the national seashore is off limits, but what about the beaches that are public access along the hotel line in South Padre? Also, what about Mustang Island and Padre Island?
Thanks,
Kevin
i think as long as its not the national seashore i've seen someone use them port aransas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread