hadite81

Feb 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, AT PRO, MineLab Eqinox 600 Tesoro Conquistador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, some confirmation would be great. Count me in !!!!!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
This is the letter I recived from Dan concerning the next hunt if you werent at the last one I suggest contacting him and you will likley be included

Austin Feb 22, 2008

Battle of Medina Volunteers

There will be another dig at the adjoining two hundred acres on the same ranch, specifically, we will follow the old Leal road. We assemble at the Shell station at Loop 1604 and Hi 281 South and depart at 8:30 A.M.

At the last dig were found
1. three musket balls
2. a period belt buckle
3. what looked like a cannon, which turned out to be an axel circa1850
4. an iron tool that looked like a rifle barrel
5. what appeared to be part of a saddle
6. a heavy munitions box handle

I am forwarding some photos and we were in the San Antonio Express News. I also will be bringing a letter sent to SAE News from a “real” archeologist. We are very close to a major discovery, I can feel it!

I sincerely appreciate all of your help in finding this very important historical site. This is only for the volunteers that have already signed the hold harmless agreement.

See you all there.

Dan Arellano
www.tejanoroots.org
512-826-7569

coolbeans

Apr 11, 2007
san antonio texas
Detector(s) used
whites...dfx- D2- sunray..dx-1 whites...beach hunter id 300 garrett..ace..250 bullseye..II
so the second hunt is only for those that was at the first one??? i was thinking i could blow work that day and hunt too. :-\

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
I may be able to make it. TC, I believe he waived the rule about only allowing those who went the first time. Others who may be interested may want to contact and confirm this. I got a 50/50 chance I'll make it. Hope to see you all there.

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Open to the public once more!!!

Media Advisory March 10, 2008

Austin: Hidden History Contact: Dan Arellano 512-826-7569

The “Battle of Medina” Archeological dig.

On Sunday March 16, 2008 volunteers for this research will depart at 8:30 A.M. from the N.West intersection of Hi 281 South at 1604 at the Shell-McDonalds station south of San Antonio. From there we will be led to a private ranch where it has been rumored that artifacts have been discovered identifying this area as the possible location of the Battle of Medina. The team will be led by Dan Arellano, Author of Tejano Roots. Amateur and professional historians and archeologists are invited to participate in this historical event.

It is an isolated location and volunteers are asked to bring their own lunch and water. Bring your metal detectors and shovels. This is not a treasure hunt and all artifacts will be photographed, recorded and left with the property owner.

The Battle of Medina was the biggest and bloodiest battle ever fought on Texas soil. Over a thousand Tejanos sacrificed their lives for freedom that to this day remain unknown and unrecognized for their ultimate sacrifice.

For more information contact:

Dan Arellano

www.tejanoroots.org

512-826-7569

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread