pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
DFW area (Plano) t'hunters?

Guys, I've been lurking on t'net for quite awhile. I'm interested in a bit of detecting, but more lately interested in Spanish stuff. Don't know much other than what I've gathered here on the site and what little I read as a kid, but I'm wanting to go out and see some signs firsthand-even if they don't lead to anything new. Anybody in my area interested in the same? I have some trips in the early planning stages where I know the chances are quite high of both having some fun hikes, and seeing some signs firsthand...

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Re: DFW area (Plano) t'hunters?

I am in richardson, and am always down to go out with new people and see new things!
Baggins

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Sent you a PM Baggins...

kds99

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2008

I am in arlington, and also always looking for new places

EARTHLING

Aug 17, 2008
DALLAS TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SHADOW x5.... GOLDTRAX... D.P. WADER.... NAUTILUS DMC II B

I am very interested....... have you read info on areas around the Llano, TX area and the areas that surround it or are you just looking for areas closer

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I haven't read much about the Llano area-at least not for treasure hunting! From what I have read it seems like a very interesting area..

My interests are broad at this point and I don't know many lost treasure tales-at least not in any more detail than the typical stories. Most of the ones I know about end up leading to private land or some off-limits govt. property. I do have a metal detector that needs to be used more though, just need to find a few more good places!

I am reading up on Spanish stuff right now. Following Spanish trails would serve to scratch more than one itch for me-I love to be outdoors hiking and poking around the boonies! Hunting game is still fun for me, but it's lost some of it's luster as I've realized how much MORE there is 'out there'..

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

OK, been doing some reading related to the Llano River and the mines/treasure associated with that and the San Saba area. Interesting stuff!! I'll be digging in deeper within the next few weeks. Earthling if you have any info I'd you feel like sharing I'd definitely like to take a look!

satellite

Sep 30, 2006
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cult Member
Cutlass II micromax
Bandido II micromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am unable to detect year 'round so now that it is cooler and I have some time. I would be up for an outing on some fresh ground. I have had to resort to "Urban Guerrilla Detecting" tactics and the pay-offs have been nil. Any locals want to know what that is PM me. I scored this lovely little charm at a city park very close to downtown Carrollton. I think the stone is an amethyst but the photo does not translate the pinkish hue of the stone.

Attachments

• amethystand silver1-Sept08R.jpg
    amethystand silver1-Sept08R.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 223

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread