OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Plus don't for get to plan your trip to the coast after it comes through for a hunt. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
sqwaby said:
I might be leaving League City, you guys got any room in New Caney?

We will have plenty of room because I will be in Austin!!! ;D

This is not far North enough for us, We usually get slammed with tornadoes, hail and no power for 4 days.

Its too hot to try and hang it out without power this time of year and filling up the generator gets old.

I will be doing some MDing and diving in Austin next week if this thing heads our way.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Re: If it hits Texas

Cuerno said:
We will take care of our own and not ship them off to other states.

True enough! :wink:

txrider

Greenie
Aug 17, 2008
Grimes County Texas
I live in Navasota but my stepson just started college in Galveston this week. He's on the baseball team and they aren't allowed to come home unless it's a holiday, like Thanksgiving or Xmas. Looks like he might be home pretty quick if Gustav heads that way.

I'm new to detecting and will be making a dual purpose visits to Galveston with the wife. She can visit her baby and I can detect on the beach.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
txrider said:
I live in Navasota but my stepson just started college in Galveston this week. He's on the baseball team and they aren't allowed to come home unless it's a holiday, like Thanksgiving or Xmas. Looks like he might be home pretty quick if Gustav heads that way.

I'm new to detecting and will be making a dual purpose visits to Galveston with the wife. She can visit her baby and I can detect on the beach.

Good luck with the beach hunts in the future, It looks like you have some good hunting grounds up there to. I hope that "if" it poses a threat they let them come home earlier enough to not fight with gridlock traffic.

Attachments

• ufiles1809.jpg
    ufiles1809.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 280

txrider

Greenie
Aug 17, 2008
Grimes County Texas
Shaw said:
txrider said:

Good luck with the beach hunts in the future, It looks like you have some good hunting grounds up there to. I hope that "if" it poses a threat they let them come home earlier enough to not fight with gridlock traffic.

Railroad Street in downtown...cool. I've got a few spots around here that are ongoing projects. But I'm really looking forward to hunting the beach.

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
I live in Angleton, just southwest of Galveston. Last I heard, Louisiana was the place not to be, not to wish those folks any bad luck but I sure hope it doesn't come into the Texas Coast, it gets kind of messy....Good luck to all, I don't want to have to leave home....John

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Gonna be a intresting week to be sure, Im about 70 miles north of Navasota Tx Rider , if you see some street digs let me know , If you get a connection in Millican im Def game. Where you live you dont have to go to the Beach! In fact you dont have to far at all! Try to find a book called the saga of Anderson, Lots of good history in it. Andersons a beautiful town drenchened in history and right up the road from you. Millican is pretty much the same, anywhere you can get permmision to swing a coil.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
C'mon You wouldent be the 1st treasureneter to camp(campers in the Barn) here BUT we may get 50-70 mile winds if it hits square galveston and curves this way. so get ready

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Actually I'll be in Austin as well. Do you have any particular places picked out to hunt? I'm going to be at my sisters off of 620 close to Mansfield Dam. I'm plnning on some MD time Sunday or Sat.

Shaw said:
sqwaby said:

This is not far North enough for us, We usually get slammed with tornadoes, hail and no power for 4 days.

Its too hot to try and hang it out without power this time of year and filling up the generator gets old.

I will be doing some MDing and diving in Austin next week if this thing heads our way.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
sqwaby said:
Actually I'll be in Austin as well. Do you have any particular places picked out to hunt? I'm going to be at my sisters off of 620 close to Mansfield Dam. I'm plnning on some MD time Sunday or Sat.

Things are looking more like we will be heading down Sunday, I know where a big swimming hole is in Wimberly and a few other locals I am going to hit. Are you taking off on Sunday?

I will be in the Dripping Springs area -

Shaw said:
sqwaby said:

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Digger,
There are a couple of old homes in Quintana but never have hunted there. A few years ago they actually found where the old town used to sit by the water but it was off limits to detecting, now they have built huge drums there for chemicals so that area is lost. The area where the gun mounts used to sit is off limits. I have some friends that have hunted across the channel and have found old silver and gold coins, that's over by the light house where Ft. Velasco used to sit. John

txrider

Greenie
Aug 17, 2008
Grimes County Texas
TEXAN Connection said:
Gonna be a intresting week to be sure, Im about 70 miles north of Navasota Tx Rider , if you see some street digs let me know , If you get a connection in Millican im Def game. Where you live you dont have to go to the Beach! In fact you dont have to far at all! Try to find a book called the saga of Anderson, Lots of good history in it. Andersons a beautiful town drenchened in history and right up the road from you. Millican is pretty much the same, anywhere you can get permmision to swing a coil.

I might be headed to Anderson to look for a lost wedding ring. Hopefully it will lead to other hunting spots. Don't know anybody in the Millican area.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Good Luck on the wedding ring,

Today is clean up day at mi casa, just a little prep in case.

Its not looking good -

Attachments

• at200807_model.gif
    at200807_model.gif
    33.7 KB · Views: 204

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread