Lost rings, need help

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Hello fellow hunters. I am also part of detecting site that people can contact me if they lose something. Well after being registered for a while I finally got my first help request. Problem is it is in 3 feet of water. She said she was a teacher and lost them on a field trip at the end of May. I know this is quite a while to be found. Could have been found already, washed out even deeper. But she said it was an engagement ring and band. My problem, other than the weather that is coming is my Ace 250 is not the best for 3 feet of water. Wondering if anybody else could help. She said it was at Lake Kiowa, between Collinsville and Gainsville. I told her I would ask here to see if we could help. Let me know and I can give you the details and contact info. Thanks, Mark

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
phxmark123 said:
Hello fellow hunters. I am also part of detecting site that people can contact me if they lose something. Well after being registered for a while I finally got my first help request. Problem is it is in 3 feet of water. She said she was a teacher and lost them on a field trip at the end of May. I know this is quite a while to be found. Could have been found already, washed out even deeper. But she said it was an engagement ring and band. My problem, other than the weather that is coming is my Ace 250 is not the best for 3 feet of water. Wondering if anybody else could help. She said it was at Lake Kiowa, between Collinsville and Gainsville. I told her I would ask here to see if we could help. Let me know and I can give you the details and contact info. Thanks, Mark

Good luck on the hunt, Hope someone chimes in that is in your area.

What did she loose?

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
You might want to contact Txconnection. I know he has found lost rings under water before. He is in the Forum.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Extend out the shaft and make a small center section! I have thought about doing this for my ACE just for a project.

I have used mine in 2-3' of water and found jewelry many times but its just very easy to get the unit wet when you are that deep.

Good luck

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Does it have much wave movement or rivers feeding it close by?

It would be really cool to find it for her and I hope you guys get a chance to check it out.

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 340

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
cooltone23 said:
Yes sir, thats Him. Send him an IM. We have been on a dig together and he has good info.

Cooltone, doing any hunting over there in Humble lately?

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Shaw,

Unfortunately between work and other things, I haven't gone out at all :( I ave some time in the morning on Saturdays but other than that, I'm at the mercy of the time clock.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
cooltone23 said:
Shaw,

Unfortunately between work and other things, I haven't gone out at all :( I ave some time in the morning on Saturdays but other than that, I'm at the mercy of the time clock.

I hope it lightens up for you so you can get some hunting time in soon, There are some pretty old places around your area.

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple underwater detectors, but live in South Texas and have no idea where Lake Kiowa is so I would bet it isn't within a couple hundred miles from me. I travel throughout South Texas though, and if I can help out down here anytime...drop me an e-mail. Dug this Virginia token yesterday in Corpus...it's a looong way from home.

Attachments

• Token-01.jpg
    Token-01.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 289
  • Token-02.jpg
    Token-02.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 276
  • Token-01.jpg
    Token-01.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 283
  • Token-02.jpg
    Token-02.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 278

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Tokens are always cool to find. That one is a long ways from home for sure.

I found a flattened penny from the Seattle Space needle in my local creek. Just cool to think about its travels -

Jason

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
If shes got a general Local I have a water machine I'll have to see how far the lake is from me. but if its a lake its probaly right where it fell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread