Headed to the San Marcos River

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Headed to San Marcos and Comal on Thursday night to stay with my Uncle that is at Texas State... ;D Long Story myleo can fill you in if need be.

Anyway we are planning on doing some diving and free diving Friday afternoon and Saturday to scout some future locations and to do some jewelry, watch and sunglasses recovery. and what ever else can be seen with the eye.

I have a few spots that I used to frequent up there but does anyone have any other suggestions on some hunting? I am bringing my ACE for the shallow water spots so I guess time will tell.

I will be back Saturday so we don't miss the Sunday hunting.

Thanks for the info.

Random Images:

Attachments

• 108-Rafting San Marcos.JPG
    108-Rafting San Marcos.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 22,758
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 37,432

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Shaw said:
Headed to San Marcos and Comal on Thursday night to stay with my Uncle that is at Texas State... ;D Long Story myleo can fill you in if need be.

Anyway we are planning on doing some diving and free diving Friday afternoon and Saturday to scout some future locations and to do some jewelry, watch and sunglasses recovery. and what ever else can be seen with the eye.

I have a few spots that I used to frequent up there but does anyone have any other suggestions on some hunting? I am bringing my ACE for the shallow water spots so I guess time will tell.

I will be back Saturday so we don't miss the Sunday hunting.

Thanks for the info.

Random Images:

Please...no one answer Shaw, as he did NOT invite me!....not that I'm bitter or anything.... :-\

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Last minute plans, May not get to head out until Friday now.

Work always gets in the way of Hunting! :-X

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
Hi Shaw,

If you guys are hunting locally Sunday and you don't mind a tag along drop me an e-mail. It looks like the morning (when it is cooler) is wide open.

Mike

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
Hi Shaw,

If you guys are hunting locally Sunday and you don't mind a tag along drop me an e-mail. It looks like the morning (when it is cooler) is wide open.

Mike

San Marcos trip is off until Sept.18,

Hey Mike, we are still looking for a place to hunt but you are more than welcome to come along. I will keep ya posted on where we are headed -

Jason

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
Hi Shaw,

Mike

Mike, we'll be hunting somewhere...may try up in New Waverly...or New Caney again...we haven't decided yet, but will let you know! Got that MD working good yet?

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Call me Saturday, I am actually headed to San Marcos now.

Out the door -

Jason

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
Hi Shaw and Myelo,

Drop me an e-mail and I can give you my cell phone. As to the Garrett (#%&$# as I call it) it seems to have arrived with a malfunction called "operator error and the hard headed Irish factor". I did not ask for theses options but they came anyway. Short of a brain transplant the only cure seems to be a lot of practice followed by many adult beverages.

Mike

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
Hi Shaw and Myelo,

Drop me an e-mail and I can give you my cell phone. As to the Garrett (#%&$# as I call it) it seems to have arrived with a malfunction called "operator error and the hard headed Irish factor". I did not ask for theses options but they came anyway. Short of a brain transplant the only cure seems to be a lot of practice followed by many adult beverages.

Mike

Well Mike, I only see one problem w/that solution...the drinks come first.

PM me your cell number...we found a place to hunt this weekend in Conroe. I got permission from Salvation Army for some property they own that had an old church and an old house on it.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
San marcus is a Great place to snorkle I got a Hooka kit i put in My canoe,Ive found several arrowheads there. You probaly know but no detecting allowed on land in the city, not much shallow water for a land machine except across from the Lions club dock (concret canoe, inner tube launch whatever you call it).
Canyon lakes not far ands got some good sand beach swiming areas.
Been wanting to go all sumer but havent made it yet.

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Didn't get to spend much time there on Saturday (CROWDED!) but I have lined out some areas that I am going to go back and hit. Dive gear is definitely not a must there and I could see some areas that should produce some great water finds.

Thanks as usual for the info guys -

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
TEXAN Connection said:
San marcus is a Great place to snorkle I got a Hooka kit i put in My canoe,Ive found several arrowheads there. You probaly know but no detecting allowed on land in the city, not much shallow water for a land machine except across from the Lions club dock (concret canoe, inner tube launch whatever you call it).
Canyon lakes not far ands got some good sand beach swiming areas.
Been wanting to go all sumer but havent made it yet.

That would be the ultimate setup for that area TC. It needs to be hunted on a Monday morning. Out of the 1000 people or so there were two of us with masks on. It was just way to crowded at the dam area and I hate wading through crowds.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Which Damn area The one at the park or just below the Lake. Iv had pretty good luck by the little island above the park damn (at the rope swing), last time I went was still kinda early spring and it was to grown up with weeds I'm hoping the swimers have cleared it out some

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
TEXAN Connection said:
Which Damn area The one at the park or just below the Lake. Iv had pretty good luck by the little island above the park damn (at the rope swing), last time I went was still kinda early spring and it was to grown up with weeds I'm hoping the swimers have cleared it out some

The second dam was the really crowded one. The "bridge" with the rope swing must be where the hippies hang out.

There was a lot of guitar playing and a certain "smell" in the area. Most were to stoned to loose anything. ;D

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
waltripcrew said:
had my share of cold ones on the island. Did find a few pieces of jewlery under the swing back in 05.

Hey waltrip, I never thanked you for all of that information you sent me on the PM. I really appreciate all the great input.

Jason

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dive the rivers...you just NEVER know what you are going to find!

Attachments

• Tubers.jpg
    Tubers.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 2,821
  • memorial 2005 006.jpg
    memorial 2005 006.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 237
  • memorial 2005 008.jpg
    memorial 2005 008.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 309
OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
You could start a sunglass kiosk in the mall! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread