GTI 2500 questions

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
I have a new GTI 2500. I have read all the directions (a first for me). ;D. I take it to a test plot as recommended. I put down a quarter, penny and my gold ring all about a foot or so apart. It rings on each in coin mode but when I pinpoint in coin mode it shows the quarter as a bottle cap and larger than a coin. It shows the penny as foil and larger than a coin. The ring also shows up as a bottle cap. When I switch to jewelery mode the ring shows as something other than a coin and the coins show as trash. Am I doing some thing wrong.

Scubamike

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
scubamike said:
I have a new GTI 2500. I have read all the directions (a first for me). ;D. I take it to a test plot as recommended. I put down a quarter, penny and my gold ring all about a foot or so apart. It rings on each in coin mode but when I pinpoint in coin mode it shows the quarter as a bottle cap and larger than a coin. It shows the penny as foil and larger than a coin. The ring also shows up as a bottle cap. When I switch to jewelery mode the ring shows as something other than a coin and the coins show as trash. Am I doing some thing wrong.

Scubamike

Sounds like a piece of junk....just donate it to me and I'll see what I can do! ;D ;D

No, I have no idea why it would do that. I have the "little" Garrett...the Ace 250, and I found it's best just to listen to tones instead of the relying on the readouts. I also have a Tesero Umax Silver, which I think I like better (sorry J), as I have really learned to listen w/that machine. What kind of tones is it making on the gold and clad?

OP
OP
scubamike

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
I think I'll give it another chance or two before I donate it. BTW if I do can I get a reciept? :)
I may have solved the problem by bench testing it. It did fine there. I think my test area in my yard had too many wires and gas lines running thru it. If the weather holds I want to use it this weekend. Garrett says I need about 100 hours to become proficent (they appearently don't know who they are dealing with, last week I finally took the training weels off the bike!) ;D

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions