Willis Tx
Detector(s) used
Quick draw 2, Fisher 1236X2, Minelab X-Terra 70

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Thanks Keith, I have logged some hours with that Ace to get to know her!

Besides you had the pocket spill record!

Really fun hunt and It was great to meet you and Mike. The weather was a helluva lot better than any day I have hunted this year and we all found something. I hope that you guys can make it on another hunt again soon.

Thanks again Susan for the new MD goodies and setting up the location.

Will post up find pictures here in just a bit.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
"We set sail on this new sea because there is knowledge to be gained."
John F. Kennedy

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 189

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
Ok you guys have forced me to tell the "real story". I arrived at the site around 5 am to serve breakfast and hand out $5 bills to the homeless out of my old beat up truck like I do every Sunday. Around 8 these "people" arrived and ran amock around the park digging backhoe sized holes and yelling "I'm rich I'm rich" at the top of there lungs. Well after doing all of my good deeds I decided to try my luck. I waded thru what looked like a mine field and got the 12 cents that was left, donated it to the poor (myself) and went home.
Now if you believe this I also have some land to sell. To tell the truth I had the best time ever today. My good buddy minnie rancher may have got spanked by the ACE buy I got WOOPED! Shawn you and Susan are amazing. Next time we hunt I think you need to have Brinks on standby. The treasure I found today was not in the ground it was finding three of the best people in the world! (Even if you wouldn't give those guys a ride )Thanks for putting up with me.

Mike

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
Ok you guys have forced me to tell the "real story". I arrived at the site around 5 am to serve breakfast and hand out $5 bills to the homeless out of my old beat up truck like I do every Sunday. Around 8 these "people" arrived and ran amock around the park digging backhoe sized holes and yelling "I'm rich I'm rich" at the top of there lungs. Well after doing all of my good deeds I decided to try my luck. I waded thru what looked like a mine field and got the 12 cents that was left, donated it to the poor (myself) and went home.
Now if you believe this I also have some land to sell. To tell the truth I had the best time ever today. My good buddy minnie rancher may have got spanked by the ACE buy I got WOOPED! Shawn you and Susan are amazing. Next time we hunt I think you need to have Brinks on standby. The treasure I found today was not in the ground it was finding three of the best people in the world! (Even if you wouldn't give those guys a ride )Thanks for putting up with me.

Mike

Same here Mike, Had a great time and like I said before you guys are always welcome to join us.

Nice story, Glad to see I have a fellow BSer around ;D. I bet that guy would have shared a pull off of his morning Gin for a ride!

I hope to get to share a dive with ya in the future Mike.

OP
OP
M

minirancher

Aug 3, 2008
Willis Tx
Detector(s) used
Quick draw 2, Fisher 1236X2, Minelab X-Terra 70
Mike I feel the same way about finding something worth all the gold in the world is new friends. Without friends Shaw would not be able to spend his fortune he finds on us! LOL :icon_jokercolor:.
Keith

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Thats true but did Shaw ever fine is 50 piece the 2nd time? And by the way if I had know the guy had gin I would have given him a ride. :tongue3:

Mike

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
Thats true but did Shaw ever fine is 50 piece the 2nd time? And by the way if I had know the guy had gin I would have given him a ride. :tongue3:

Mike

;D It found its way into Susan's bag for a bit.

Hey I had OJ in the car! :tard:

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
minirancher said:
Mike I feel the same way about finding something worth all the gold in the world is new friends. Without friends Shaw would not be able to spend his fortune he finds on us! LOL :icon_jokercolor:.
Keith

;D

Looks like we need to keep our heads up on the storm approaching.

Susan and I are hopefully headed to the surf after the surge if anyone may be interested.

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
As anyone can tell by reading the above logs...I had to hunt w/three drunk guys!....oh yeah, plus the two that wanted a ride to McDonalds. I thought the older toothless guy was to die for! I think the cologne he was wearing was MD40...smelled familiar. :icon_scratch:

I would post all my finds here, but I am not one that thrives on embarrassing her fellow hunters by posting such outlandishly better finds, so I'll let the guys have the limelight. Keith likes to boast he found an 8 inch rusty nail....wait, isn't that a drink? Besides, it was only 5. Guys! ::)

All joking aside, I had a GREAT time with Keith, Mike and my favorite nephew, Jason. It was wonderful meeting you two guys and I look forward to our next group hunt....but you guys have to find the crack dealers next time!

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
just-geese said:
Sounds like everyone had a great time.... i didn't get the message till 8 this morning, I was involded in a terrible poker game that lasted till way in the morning and involved vast quainities of "ATB's"... Looks like next weekend may be a blow out :o
J-G

sorry you missed it Don.....maybe next time.

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
WOW Myelo, I'm hurt. A nasty repy from todays "eye candy" calling us drunks. Perhaps we "may have been drinking" but (oh wait that's my 11 cent excuse...i was too tippsy to see the coins!)

Let's all watch the storm. BTW you are a hoot to hunt with!

Mike

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
WOW Myelo, I'm hurt. A nasty repy from todays "eye candy" calling us drunks. Perhaps we "may have been drinking" but (oh wait that's my 11 cent excuse...i was too tippsy to see the coins!)

Let's all watch the storm. BTW you are a hoot to hunt with!

Mike

Yea Mike, you don't remember me telling you to just thow down those wheaties, that they are only acorns, do you? ;D How do you think Jason found all those??? Well, I know one thing....the four of us were probably the ONLY ones on that block that weren't drinking....!

yea, we need to keep safe...THEN HIT THE BEACH! WHOO HOOO!

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Maybe we should have been. We would have blended in better. You know we missed our chance for a free breakfast! Did it look like i've missed very many meals?
:thumbsup:

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
scubamike said:
Maybe we should have been. We would have blended in better. You know we missed our chance for a free breakfast! Did it look like i've missed very many meals?
:thumbsup:

Mike, I am SO with ya on that one......

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Yea Don maybe next time. I have had my fare share of poker games that headed South in more ways than one. Lots of "ATB's"

Looks like this Sunday may be out though.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
just-geese said:
Shaw said:
Yea Don maybe next time. I have had my fare share of poker games that headed South in more ways than one. Lots of "ATB's"

Looks like this Sunday may be out though.
Yeah the "ATB's" hit me hard... I had been up early that morning and really shouldn't have went and played , Live and learn LOL

That "live and learn" stuff is for the birds Don. Most great people never live and learn, just live and try again!

On that note, I had to many "ATB's" with some college kids on Friday night in San Marcos. I am not 21 and I do not desire to be there again. They suckered in the old guy for a friendly game of what they called "Beer Pong"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread