Yikes, its Ike!!!

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Yikes, it's Ike!!!

Batten down the hatches Texas coastal residents!!! Looks like we may get hit this time for real. I'm in Humble (Houston area) and we are just keeping a close eye on this bad boy. My thoughts and prayers are with all of ya'll as we prepare for this sucker to make landfall.

On the bright side, any one up for after surge detecting?

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Re: Yikes, it's Ike!!!

I will be boarding up my windows tomorrow morning so if we have to evacuate we will be ready, I am in Angleton, just southwest of Galveston.....

txrider

Greenie
Aug 17, 2008
Grimes County Texas

My stepson goes to Galveston College. As of 6 PM this evening, Galveston College is closed until Monday. He's headed home. He was on the causeway when he called and said the traffic is horrible.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

as of today they got the eye right across us sat Cat 1 by the time it gets here im thinking its going more east Galveston houston better start Batning down

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stay safe over there. Looks like it could be a pretty bigun.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon

After surveying the gigantic pines over my inlaws house I made the last minute decision to bail and head to Austin with the family. 290 W was already starting to slow up a bit around noon.

I hope that everyone is safe and everything is a lot easier than they are predicting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread